Sponsored

Teraflex 2.5" Spacer Lift or Rough Country 2.5" Spacer Lift?

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
. . .
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroJrod

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I am wondering the same myself. I want to keep the factory rubicon wheels so my wife doesn’t notice!

Kioti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Looks to me that Teraflex is 3/2.5 and RC is 2.5/2. I’m leaning towards RC because a lot of great reviews and quality parts for the price.

I wish RC was 2.5/2.5. I don’t want the front looking taller especially when I’m hauling a load in the back or pulling the atv trailer.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I don’t mess with spacers lifts but if that’s what you’ve decided on, I’d suggest the teraflex. We’ve removed both brands and my vote goes to TF. Please at a minimum get the mopar lower control arms for the mopar lift ($60) to correct the caster though.

brett

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase
My brother has the teraflex spacer lift on his JL and it has held up really well over the last two years. However, it is a rougher ride than a traditional full suspension lift. Also, on trails he does not have as much articulation as my suspension lift. If you're just looking for ride height gain for larger tires, with limited plans to take if off the beaten path, then spacers are an ok choice. If you're planning on hitting the trails often, I would get a traditional spring and shock lift.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ale70

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After starting the thread, I decided to go with the RC and I am very happy with it. Obviously, I cannot speak for the TF....
Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex 2.5" Spacer Lift or Rough Country 2.5" Spacer Lift? IMG_1778

Kioti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
After starting the thread, I decided to go with the RC and I am very happy with it. Obviously, I cannot speak for the TF....
Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex 2.5" Spacer Lift or Rough Country 2.5" Spacer Lift? IMG_1778
Looks great! What is your tire size? Did you had control arms or anything to correct any alignment issues or just the lift? I hear you don’t need anything else from some and others say you absolutely do... I’m sure every Jeep is a little different.

OP
OP
ale70

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! What is your tire size? Did you had control arms or anything to correct any alignment issues or just the lift? I hear you don’t need anything else from some and others say you absolutely do... I’m sure every Jeep is a little different.
37" Patagonias. nothing else but the lift. Jeep behaves perfectly as it did before the lift

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I’ve had RC spacerlift on my 19 Sport S for about 6 months. Have a steel front bumper and winch. I’ve run blue trails at AOAA and Raush creek on stock tires with no issues. Just went to 35’s and I still have no alignment or pulling issues with toyo open country at2 tires and black rhino Barstow 17x9.5 -18 offset.

336C82AD-D79F-49B4-98EE-F8B9B0E2C673.jpeg
Sponsored