Teraflex 2.5 lift??

amgomez2112

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Looking to lift my JLU Sahara. It is mostly a daily driver, with mild trails a couple times a year. Has anyone had experiences with the Teraflex 2.5" lift with 9550 VSS shocks?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
I haven’t had experience with the Teraflex kit, but I’m very happy with my AEV DualSport 2.5 kit with an additional JKS Front Adjustable Track Bar.

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
TeraFlex makes several 2.5" kits, which one were you looking at? It sounds like the one with spacers and shock extensions would work for you just fine, though. Your ride won't change unless you put stiffer tires on it, and it includes geometry correction brackets so it should handle pretty much like stock as well.

OP
OP
amgomez2112

amgomez2112

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
TeraFlex makes several 2.5" kits, which one were you looking at? It sounds like the one with spacers and shock extensions would work for you just fine, though. Your ride won't change unless you put stiffer tires on it, and it includes geometry correction brackets so it should handle pretty much like stock as well.
im looking into the 2.5 spring base suspension kit with 9550 Vss shocks!

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
No experience with the Terraflex 2.5". But I put the Dynatrac Endurosport 2.0" on my 18 Rubicon and it is great. On road ride is similar to stock. I'm not sure how but the steering is actually better than stock. I did a lot of research reading online revues and watching YouTube video reviews and only found one that was negative. I highly recommend it.

Sponsored

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the Teraflex 3.5" lift. I like it, no complaints. I also have adjustable control arms and steering components.

I ran the VSS 9550 for about one year before replacing them with Fox 2.0 IFP a couple of weeks ago. I just wanted a higher quality shock. Frankly, there is hardly any difference between the cheap 9550's and the Fox. I'm keeping them as backup.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I've got about 2500 miles on the 2.5" base spring lift with 9550 shocks. I have the longer front lower control arms from the Mopar lift, and I added Rock Krawler track bars front and rear. After doing just the lift, my axle was pretty far off-center, and I had to make a significant correction when I installed the track bars.

I'm a weekend warrior who puts way too many miles on the Jeep commuting to work, then puts way too many miles on the Jeep getting it dirty most weekends. I'm pretty happy with this setup for both tasks.

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
I have the TeraFlex 2 1/2" also, I love it. I had the TF on my JK too, absolutely swear by it.
Sponsored