Teraflex 1.5inch spacer lift with stock rubicon shocks

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Hey I just got a 2021 rubicon unlimited and I was planning on running 35s, I was looking at the teraflex 1.5” spacer kit but I don’t know if I want to swap out the stock fox shocks for the falcon ones they recommend, has anyone run the stock shocks? I don’t plan on doing any off-roading and by the sounds of it the falcons are stiffer and I don’t want to sacrifice any ride quality from stock
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey I just got a 2021 rubicon unlimited and I was planning on running 35s, I was looking at the teraflex 1.5” spacer kit but I don’t know if I want to swap out the stock fox shocks for the falcon ones they recommend, has anyone run the stock shocks? I don’t plan on doing any off-roading and by the sounds of it the falcons are stiffer and I don’t want to sacrifice any ride quality from stock
Rubis come with fox shocks now from factory ? Or is it a JT ?

OP
OP

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Rubis come with fox shocks now from factory ? Or is it a JT ?
yeah I was mis-informed, mine comes in a week and my dad has the gladiator so I assumed it be the same, I just meant the stock ones

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
yeah I was mis-informed, mine comes in a week and my dad has the gladiator so I assumed it be the same, I just meant the stock ones
Gotcha.... I recommend just using factory shocks with shock extensions or the fox 2.0 for 0-2” lift will also ride nicely. I wouldn’t use the falcons. Just my opinion.

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
I have a rubicon with the 1.5 terraflex level/lift it. I use factory shocks with no extensions and haven’t had any issues, I don’t do any heavy wheeling though. I just got it to use until the factory tires wear out then I’m going new wheels 35’s and 2.5” MC lift.

Sponsored

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
have the JLUR with teraflex 1.5" spacer kit and 35's on mine - it was great with stock shocks and was a good ride for daily driving and mild off-road (no rock crawling, but fairly rough and rocky sandy back roads and slick rock trails). just put in falcon sp2 2.1 shocks and they are much better than stock from my perspective. they do feel stiffer with the small cracks in roads more than stock and you notice bumps more. but they have a smoother absorption and rebound that larger bumps (speed bumps) and washboards are so much better now, and on daily driving the body roll around curves/roundabouts are much better. I do have the SP2 set to performance in front and cold in back.

but the stock shocks were fine and still performed well on and off road and would have kept those shocks if a good deal on the falcons didn't pop up.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
have the JLUR with teraflex 1.5" spacer kit and 35's on mine - it was great with stock shocks and was a good ride for daily driving and mild off-road (no rock crawling, but fairly rough and rocky sandy back roads and slick rock trails). just put in falcon sp2 2.1 shocks and they are much better than stock from my perspective. they do feel stiffer with the small cracks in roads more than stock and you notice bumps more. but they have a smoother absorption and rebound that larger bumps (speed bumps) and washboards are so much better now, and on daily driving the body roll around curves/roundabouts are much better. I do have the SP2 set to performance in front and cold in back.

but the stock shocks were fine and still performed well on and off road and would have kept those shocks if a good deal on the falcons didn't pop up.
Did you also use the recommended bump stops?

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
yes mostly because I talked with the teraflex techs and they recommended them with the 35s to prevent the tires from rubbing during flex - although I have yet to flex enough to hit any of the bump stops. plus you need to remove the front springs to change out the bump stops, so might as well change those out while the springs are off to install the spacers.

Did you also use the recommended bump stops?

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon

What size shocks did you go with 0-1.5 or 2-3.5

Razvan_JLU

First Name
Razvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE JLUR
I did this setup! Currently with no shock extensions and stock config, but running 35's. I can tell you that the front shocks are suffering (hyper extended position is hit quite often) which also gives a not so good feeling on the road.

I ordered the shock extensions and mount them on Thursday. I expect improved feeling and if that's the case, then I will stay with the stock shocks.

Sponsored

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
the 0-1.5 shocks. with the weight of bumper/winch and when the jeep is loaded down, the 2-3.5 might be too long of a shock. also noticed this weekend that the rear bump stops that I installed may be too much, and doesn't leave too much room for flex in the rear when the jeep is loaded with camping and off-roading gear for longer trips. I may put the original rear stops back into place. the front bump stops installed didn't seem to have an issue with lots of flexing this weekend.

What size shocks did you go with 0-1.5 or 2-3.5

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
yes mostly because I talked with the teraflex techs and they recommended them with the 35s to prevent the tires from rubbing during flex - although I have yet to flex enough to hit any of the bump stops. plus you need to remove the front springs to change out the bump stops, so might as well change those out while the springs are off to install the spacers.
great info thanks is your jeep a Rubicon ?

c20040215

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S; 2023 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
the 0-1.5 shocks. with the weight of bumper/winch and when the jeep is loaded down, the 2-3.5 might be too long of a shock. also noticed this weekend that the rear bump stops that I installed may be too much, and doesn't leave too much room for flex in the rear when the jeep is loaded with camping and off-roading gear for longer trips. I may put the original rear stops back into place. the front bump stops installed didn't seem to have an issue with lots of flexing this weekend.
Initially, I ran the 1.5" kit with the 0-1.5 shocks. I then switched to 2-3 length shocks and they worked just fine. You gain more down travel for sure. First picture is the side by side comparison. The set up in the second picture is rubicon takeoff springs + 1.5 spacer lift + Falcon 2.1 2-3 length shocks.

Now I'm running spring lift with 3.3 adjustable shocks. I love Falcon shocks.

IMG_20190915_110549 (1).jpg

IMG_20191006_121655.jpg