Sponsored

Teraflex 1.5" Spacer Lift what shocks to use?

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I have a 2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door and installed the Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift. Because of the extra lift I want to upgrade the shocks.

The Teraflex 2-door spacers is 1" at the front and 1.5" at the rear. The stock Rubicon is already about an 1" higher than the Sport/Sahara so now I am a bit confused what aftermarket shock length I need to get?!?

0 to 1.5 inch lift shocks
2 to 3.5 inch lift shocks

I would appreciate some advice, thanks!
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door and installed the Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift. Because of the extra lift I want to upgrade the shocks.

The Teraflex 2-door spacers is 1" at the front and 1.5" at the rear. The stock Rubicon is already about an 1" higher than the Sport/Sahara so now I am a bit confused what aftermarket shock length I need to get?!?

Easy to figure out.......take off wheel , unhook sway bar end link, remove shock , droop front axle until spring becomes loose then jack axle up to snug it. Now measure center to center of the shock mounting brackets. That’s your max extended length. Look up the specs on the shocks you want and make sure their extended length doesn’t exceed your measurement.

OP
OP
SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, thanks. I know how to do it.

I thought someone might already have done it and know the answer.

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon

Did you ever buy shocks yet? What did you end up going with ?

Sponsored

Kenbike

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I installed the Teraflex lift kit as you have and purchased Fox 0-1.5" length 2.0 shocks. They work much better in off road driving than the stock Rubicon shocks. The first few times they felt on the soft side for on road driving but after about a 1000 miles I have gotten used the the feel' Really improved the ride on the wash board trails we use in Michigan.

trippnk

First Name
Kendal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray JLUR 2.0L
Nope, not yet because I am still not sure what length of shock I should get.
Did you end up getting the longer 2-3.5in shocks? If you did what kind of bump stops are you using to keep them from bottoming out?

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Did you end up getting the longer 2-3.5in shocks? If you did what kind of bump stops are you using to keep them from bottoming out?
You’ll be fine with the 0-1.5 fox 2.0’s. No issues here. You can always get 2-3 up front and the 0-1.5 in the rear if you’re really worried, but 0-1.5 works just fine.

OP
OP
SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not. I just extended the bump stops by about an inch.