Sponsored

Teraflex 1.5 inch spacer kit with a Sahara?

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone used the Teraflex 1.5 inch spacer kit with a Sahara?

I have a set of Rubicon take-off shocks that will provide more travel than the stock Sahara shocks. Wondering if I should put those on.

I'm not lookin for much lift, but want to sit higher than the Rubicon height. Don't need huge flex, and only planning on putting 33s on the stock Sahara wheels.

That being said, if the ride potentially sucks, I'm happy to invest in something better. But if I don't have to, that money is just fine sitting in my bank account.

Anyone with actual experience, I'd love to hear from you.

Screenshot_20200806-185011_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
You should be fine with the 1.5”. I did the RC 2.5” with the shock extensions and it was fine. I ended up putting on longer shocks just for piece of mind. I run 35’s and have no issues with the daily or wheeling.

633C4171-7906-451E-97DE-A93723DF19B1.jpeg

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
Did you end up installing the spacer lift? I've got a 2020 Sahara. Just installed some Rubicon wheels and tires. Thinking about the 1.5 lift to get a little more clearance in the wheel wells.

OP
OP
JLUandCJ-7

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
Did you end up installing the spacer lift? I've got a 2020 Sahara. Just installed some Rubicon wheels and tires. Thinking about the 1.5 lift to get a little more clearance in the wheel wells.
I decided to go with the tallest Rubicon suspension I could find. Found 61/62 91/92. I have the Rubicon wheels and tires too.

The Sahara springs I have are 59/60 88/89 so I should get some good lift. I'm adding a 1/2 inch spacer up front due to adding a Rubi steel bumper. Typically you get 1/2 inch per spring number. Based on that math I'll get 1.5 front (with spacer) and 1.5 in back. However I think the 61/62s give more than 1/2 since they are standard on Rubicons with steel bumpers.

I have a 3/4 inch front spacer just in case it needs a little extra, or if it can handle it I'll put a half inch in back and 3/4 up front.

I'm doing the work on Monday. Will post before and afters.

20201122_091114.jpg

Last edited:

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
Thanks, mine looks just like yours now with the Rubicon wheels. Interested to see what it looks like with a bit of lift.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLUandCJ-7

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, mine looks just like yours now with the Rubicon wheels. Interested to see what it looks like with a bit of lift.
I delayed the Rubicon suspension until tomorrow. I got the bumper on today. Still waiting patiently for the skid plate.

20201123_143530.jpg

OP
OP
JLUandCJ-7

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase

Nailed it. Waiting for it to settle a bit but it turned out almost exactly the way I wanted it seems.

Before and after below. Will send measurements after it settles. Looks like I have 1/2 inch rake.

Screenshot_20201124-164010_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201124-164041_Gallery.jpg

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
Thanks, that's the look I was hoping for. Kit should be in tomorrow. Planning on installing Friday or Saturday.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
When you disconnected the brake cable bracket. Did you cut it off or is there a way to pry it open? And do you leave it disconnected after you installed the lift?
I was watching an installation video from Tera-flex and the women cuts the bracket with a grinder but doesn't mention what happens to it after you put the spacers in. I"m assuming it free floats?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLUandCJ-7

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
When you disconnected the brake cable bracket. Did you cut it off or is there a way to pry it open? And do you leave it disconnected after you installed the lift?
I was watching an installation video from Tera-flex and the women cuts the bracket with a grinder but doesn't mention what happens to it after you put the spacers in. I"m assuming it free floats?
I just took the 15 mm nut off and let it hang until done. I went with the Rubicon spring lift and since it is still technically stock I just refastened it to the lower control arm when putting it all back together.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
@JLUandCJ-7 what exactly did you end up swapping out/in from the Rubi and spacers?

I have a 2" Teraflex spacer lift with shock extensions, and right now I am NOT loving it, I was! I did add Mopar LCAs, they definitely helped. I was happy with everything (for over 6 months), then my wife started to drive it and started complaining about the steering, and I can't figure out if things have gotten worse, or if I am now looking for a fix that isn't there?

Also, how is the drive now that you are done? Did you get an alignment?

Thanks

max_trooper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
Here’s my 2021 Sahara with the 1.5 Teraflex spacer lift. It’s actually 2 inches in front and 1.5 in back. I also added 275/60/18 KO2s on the stock rims, which I liked and wanted to keep. To give it a bit more of an aggressive stance, I added 1 inch wheel spacers as well.
Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex 1.5 inch spacer kit with a Sahara? 6AD0CB87-7D66-4FC3-9335-7933C1ED26B8
Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex 1.5 inch spacer kit with a Sahara? 6F5024B5-C447-4752-9035-7BF465341BE5
Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex 1.5 inch spacer kit with a Sahara? 0F13F81C-ADA6-45E3-A678-A9EDFD485458

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
Went to install the leveling kit this weekend. Get the front end raised, tires off, open the box, 1 front spacer and 1 rear spacer. Not sure how only half a kit gets sent. New kit should be here this week.

Have a question on the jack stands. Never used them before. The ones I have are 17" max.
Do I need to get the frame up as high as the stands will go? Or are they more there in case the floor jack fails?
I was planning on using 2 jacks. Jack up both sides of the front end until the wheels are off the ground. Install the 2 jack stands on the frame then lower the jacks a bit so the frame contacts the stands, then start following the Tera-flex instructions.
I'm pretty mechanically inclined so not worried about the install, just want to make sure I'm supporting the vehicle safely.

OP
OP
JLUandCJ-7

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
@JLUandCJ-7 what exactly did you end up swapping out/in from the Rubi and spacers?

I have a 2" Teraflex spacer lift with shock extensions, and right now I am NOT loving it, I was! I did add Mopar LCAs, they definitely helped. I was happy with everything (for over 6 months), then my wife started to drive it and started complaining about the steering, and I can't figure out if things have gotten worse, or if I am now looking for a fix that isn't there?

Also, how is the drive now that you are done? Did you get an alignment?

Thanks
Here are the details: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...h-rc-level-kit-on-jl-sport.13250/post-1321442.

It does need an alignment and the steering wheel is about 5 degrees off center. I have an appt on Saturday to get the alignment done, and I'll see if they'll line up the steering wheel so I don't have to do it.

In all honesty, with the longer LCAs and the Rubicon springs/shocks (plus some extra weight up front with the metal bumper) it drives significantly better than the stock Sahara suspension. There is no more "nose up" on acceleration, and generally feels more planted.
Sponsored