Sponsored

Teraflex 09-02-22-110-000 Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 versus Fox® Racing Shox 985-02-127 Performance Series 2.0

E_H_Taylor

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Curious if anyone has compared these two steering stabilizers. How often would you want to make the manual adjustment? How would people describe the FOX Steering Stabilizer in terms of medium or firm setting on Teraflex? Thanks for any reviews or thoughts on these two steering stabilizers.
Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I went through the exact same comparison. Went with the nexus as i liked the simple adjustment of soft, medium firm. No worrying about counting clicks, and 1 glance and you can see where it is.

i use medium 90% of the time. Firm for all day road trips. Soft for offroad.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I just did the same. Went with nexus for the same reasons as above, plus it was cheaper than the fox. Stock JLUR and I’m pretty happy with it.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I run the Fox ATS. 17 clicks and I never need to adjust it. Works perfect on and off road.

wandrur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Bringing this back to the top, as I'm having the same debate right now. I had the TSB done with only minor improvement, and I'm not sanguine about Jeep's ability to address this glaring steering issue for so many of us. I'm thinking one of these will significantly improve my JLUR's comfort and safety, but I'd like to hear from anyone with direct comparison knowledge or suggestions either way.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Bringing this back to the top, as I'm having the same debate right now. I had the TSB done with only minor improvement, and I'm not sanguine about Jeep's ability to address this glaring steering issue for so many of us. I'm thinking one of these will significantly improve my JLUR's comfort and safety, but I'd like to hear from anyone with direct comparison knowledge or suggestions either way.
I went with Fox...... the falcon has 3 settings, the Fox has 24 I think. I know some will say that’s more than you need, and I’d agree with them, you only need one, but what if your sweet spot is somewhere in between those 3 settings, now you’re settling, I don’t like to settle..........🙂

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If you’re unhappy with your steering a new stabilizer ain’t gonna fix it. You need to diagnose the root of the problem. Most likely track bar or mount, ball joints, or caster issue.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
My steerring has been updated and I decided to stick with the Teraflex, like others I was trying to fix or help the steering prior to having the updated box installed. Running my tires at 32psi and steering adjusted to medium I have almost zero wondering, I suppose there could be a little snake oil with adjustable vs non but Ilike my options.....

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
After having the TSB done, they didn’t have the track bar available (2018’s also got a new track bar with the TSB). On its own, the steering box was not much different. However, the track bar seemed to make a difference. You may want to investigate an upgraded aftermarket track bar as well, especially if you are lifted. Rubicon owners often comment about a great improvement by fixing the caster angle, as word302 mentions.

As word also stated, it may something relatively simple with a bit of investigation. If you are comfortable, try going underneath with a torque wrench and check some of the links, especially track bar and ball joints. I found more than a few bolts that were not torqued up to spec. You can find the specs on this forum.

wandrur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Sorry, coming back around to this.

To contextualize: 2021 JLUR, built January 2021, all stock, no lift. Even though the 2021s had the new steering box, mine came with the -AA part. Wandered bad. Took in, dealer replaced with -AB steering box. Steering was tighter, but still wandered over 45mph. Added the Mopar LCAs from the Mopar lift kit to adjust caster with minimal improvement--better straight line tracking, but still dancing on highway or curved road. As many have done and continue to do, I'm attempting to address what was either an engineering oversight, a cost savings decision, or just plain stupidity on the part of FCA. Given no consensus on a solution to the JL steering wander, the steering stabilizer remains a viable alternative (after a new steering gear box and the Mopar lift LCAs). I also have a Synergy sector shaft brace waiting to be installed as another possible solution.
Sponsored