temporary - Tail Light Repair thoughts

Wicked Weasel

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL - Build date 06/18
Last night after finishing dinner the Valet informed me that someone backed into my Jeep and busted the rear driver side tail light. The valet saw the accident and talked to the guy, but decided to not take any information (name, phone, license, etc) nor did he come in to get me so I could handle it. Basically cluster ####. I truly dislike valeting my car, but glad it was the jeep over my other car and there was no body damage.

Anyway while I deal with who is going to pay for replacement tail light I was wondering what people thought of a temporary fix. I attached pictures and the center bracket is broken which if that was the only damage I would just replace it and call it a day, but one of the guide pins is broken and I can see another part of the housing assembly is broken. As a temporary solution I was thinking of JB WELD. Do people think that would work or is there a better solution.

Also if people have suggestions on where to purchase I appreciate that feedback too. It has blind spot which I know costs more and seems to be on backorder right now.

thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL temporary - Tail Light Repair thoughts 20210716_104000
Jeep Wrangler JL temporary - Tail Light Repair thoughts 20210716_115609
Jeep Wrangler JL temporary - Tail Light Repair thoughts 20210716_103445
Jeep Wrangler JL temporary - Tail Light Repair thoughts 20210716_102410
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Wicked Weasel

Goop Flexible Epoxy.... buy it at Home Depot, etc.. Will mend it and the mend will hold up to vibration, etc. where say JB Weld, Crazy Glue. etc. will not.

Do you have Halogen or LED ... need to know... Stock Halogens are quite easy to acquire.

OP
OP
Wicked Weasel

Wicked Weasel

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Wicked Weasel

Goop Flexible Epoxy.... buy it at Home Depot, etc.. Will mend it and the mend will hold up to vibration, etc. where say JB Weld, Crazy Glue. etc. will not.

Do you have Halogen or LED ... need to know... Stock Halogens are quite easy to acquire.
Thanks.

I have LED.

OP
OP
Wicked Weasel

Wicked Weasel

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)