ElvisJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey folks, I'm heading up to Telluride/Ouray this Friday 9/10 & I'll be on the trails Sat/Sun/Monday. If anyone in the area or visiting would like to jump on the trails together, let me know, and we'll see what we can work out. My main mission is to hit Ophir, Imogene, Blackbear, Engineer, & Poughkeepsie.
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Dang, I’ll be heading out there the day you’re wrapping up!

OP
OP
ElvisJL

ElvisJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, I’ll be heading out there the day you’re wrapping up!

I ran into the same thing, I just missed several small groups.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That stinks, would be more bueno with some other folks. I’m also dodging a big group though. That Friday when Jeep Jamboree is doing check ins up in Ouray, we’re on Poughkeepsie. The next day when they do Poughkeepsie, we’re on BB Pass.

There was a post on here a few weeks ago about 550 being closed periodically. It will effect about 10 miles from Ouray South I believe. Hopefully that doesn’t trip you up.

good luck out there!

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Those trails are super busy this year. Not sure you’re going to be able to complete all of them in that timeframe. It’s not a race. Enjoy yourself and the incredible scenery.

Sponsored

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
That stinks, would be more bueno with some other folks. I’m also dodging a big group though. That Friday when Jeep Jamboree is doing check ins up in Ouray, we’re on Poughkeepsie. The next day when they do Poughkeepsie, we’re on BB Pass.

There was a post on here a few weeks ago about 550 being closed periodically. It will effect about 10 miles from Ouray South I believe. Hopefully that doesn’t trip you up.

good luck out there!
We just got back there from there last week and the highway closings South of Ouray weren't bad, they were just doing patch jobs. The bigger issue was highway 50 West of Gunnison when we were headed home. It's closed from 8:30 in the morning until noon and then one p.m. to 5:30 p.m. I believe. They are improving the road just west of Blue Mesa lake.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ah ok. I think the maintenance I read about was removing trees that could either fall in the road or on power lines. Will try to find it. Here we go:
Jeep Wrangler JL Telluride/Ouray 9/11-13 1631189584203

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase

good luck out there!
Have fun but just a FYI. The jamboree is doing check ins Thursday. Friday is scheduled for Poughkeepsie

OP
OP
ElvisJL

ElvisJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Those trails are super busy this year. Not sure you’re going to be able to complete all of them in that timeframe. It’s not a race. Enjoy yourself and the incredible scenery.

Everyone I've talked with said it doing 5 trails in 3 days shouldn't be an issue, even if traffic is running slow on the trails. I plan on being up and on the trails by 7AM to avoid as much traffic as possible and get extra time for pictures/video.

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have fun but just a FYI. The jamboree is doing check ins Thursday. Friday is scheduled for Poughkeepsie

Yep you're right, thanks for pointing that out - I had my days mixed up. We're planning Poughkeepsie Thursday while they're doing checkin. Then Blackbear Friday.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yep you're right, thanks for pointing that out - I had my days mixed up. We're planning Poughkeepsie Thursday while they're doing checkin. Then Blackbear Friday.
Happy to help haha. I only know that b/c we’ll be up there for the Jamboree. We’re going to try and fit in black bear some time too.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh fun! I haven’t done a jamboree yet but would really like to once the pandemic chills out. Hope you enjoy it and can share some pics when you get back! :). I’ll try to post up a little something about BBP so if you guys give it a shot after JJ wraps up you’ll have something very recent.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Oh fun! I haven’t done a jamboree yet but would really like to once the pandemic chills out. Hope you enjoy it and can share some pics when you get back! :). I’ll try to post up a little something about BBP so if you guys give it a shot after JJ wraps up you’ll have something very recent.
That would be great!! I haven’t done a jamboree yet either so excited to do this one. This is one of the ones that was recommended to do if you’re going to do a jamboree so looking forward to it. I’ll definitely be posting some video and pics! Got my GoPro all ready.

lclaborn

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
How was the trip?! I've been thinking about trying to hit up that area next summer. Never been there before.
Sponsored