Sponsored

Tell Your Friends! Gladiator Taillights Now Available!

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer
I know this is Wrangler forums, but we still wanted all of you to see our new Gladiator taillights to get your feedback and pass along the message to your Gladiator buddies!

You have all been asking, and we have delivered! We are excited to announce our brand-new Jeep Gladiator taillights! These DOT compliant taillights utilize bent metal construction instead of a plastic housing which give them more strength and a more aggressive look (no more broken taillights). The patent pending metal housing is also what allows us to put a bottle opener directly on the light! These Quake LED Taillights feature a much brighter running light and brake light compared to stock giving you much more visibility while driving down the road. The 18watt reverse light is sure to give you plenty of light while backing up as well.

These lights have two operating modes: a fully plug and play mode that allows them to be plugged in right out of the box and function like the factory taillight, and a “light hacker mode” that enables a sequential amber turn signal that moves in the direction you are turning. Like all of Quake LED’s products these taillights are fully plug and play and will cause no hyper flash or dash errors! These taillights are designed to work with ALL models of the Jeep Gladiator (sport, overland, & rubicon!).

Get your set today at: Quadratec, Northridge 4x4, Meyer, Keystone

Or buy here: https://www.quakeled.com/product/jeep-gladiator-jt-step-led-tail-lights

1025_CUT_JT_Tail-01.jpg

1025_Tail_ads-04.jpg

1025_Tail_ads-02.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Thank you! What do you think of them and the different modes? We are about to drop a similar product for the JL Wrangler so stayed tuned in to the forum and our other social media pages for that release!

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
Thank you! What do you think of them and the different modes? We are about to drop a similar product for the JL Wrangler so stayed tuned in to the forum and our other social media pages for that release!
the modes are cool. I’d have to mess around with them to see if I really liked it working that way or just as regular brake/ blinkers. Either way the brighter revers lights are awesome!

Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
Does the center yellow strip only work if it's in sequential mode (and the fully plug-and-play option has unused LEDs)?

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Does the center yellow strip only work if it's in sequential mode (and the fully plug-and-play option has unused LEDs)?
Correct, the light hacker option is what enables the amber LED's. Jeeps are not set up from the factory to have the amber turn signal (their turn signal is flashing brake), so this is something we have added. There are studies that prove having the amber turn signal improves visibility to other drivers, which is why lots of new vehicles and all European vehicles have the amber turn signal from the factory. Our lights out of the box function like every other taillight available for a Jeep so it is not missing LED's but has the option to add LED's.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
They're being advertised as including a stainless steel bottle opener. I wonder if the opener is for a cap like that on a beer bottle or for a cork in a wine bottle. I would think that the latter would be best suited for the Gladiator Overloading crowd.

Later,
Johnny

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
Correct, the light hacker option is what enables the amber LED's. Jeeps are not set up from the factory to have the amber turn signal (their turn signal is flashing brake), so this is something we have added.
Makes sense.

In general, I'm not your target market. I'm not a big fan of sequential LEDs, and I would be more interested in an amber, non-sequential option -- perhaps a jumper that bypasses the sequencer. I love the ultra-bright (read: useful) reverse lights, and I'm interested in a metal housing. I'm happy to see a taillight option that does not include BSM sensors (not everyone has or wants their car to beep at them when they put on their blinker).

As far as style, the round lights are different, but I like having different options than OEM clones. I prefer either smoked or actual color lenses unless they are bi-color LEDs (e.g. the white part that is the red brake lights, I'd prefer if it were just red unless it's also ambers for the turns or whites for the reverse). I'm fine with the logo under the reverse lights, but I am less ok with the cutout logo on the side.

I wonder if the opener is for a cap like that on a beer bottle or for a cork in a wine bottle.
Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 11.36.57.png

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
They're being advertised as including a stainless steel bottle opener. I wonder if the opener is for a cap like that on a beer bottle or for a cork in a wine bottle. I would think that the latter would be best suited for the Gladiator Overloading crowd.

Later,
Johnny
Hahaha! Darn you're right, next time we will add the cork screw lol

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Makes sense.

In general, I'm not your target market. I'm not a big fan of sequential LEDs, and I would be more interested in an amber, non-sequential option -- perhaps a jumper that bypasses the sequencer. I love the ultra-bright (read: useful) reverse lights, and I'm interested in a metal housing. I'm happy to see a taillight option that does not include BSM sensors (not everyone has or wants their car to beep at them when they put on their blinker).

As far as style, the round lights are different, but I like having different options than OEM clones. I prefer either smoked or actual color lenses unless they are bi-color LEDs (e.g. the white part that is the red brake lights, I'd prefer if it were just red unless it's also ambers for the turns or whites for the reverse). I'm fine with the logo under the reverse lights, but I am less ok with the cutout logo on the side.

Thanks for the input! All opinions are valued and taken into consideration in our design process.

It does not include the blind spot monitors, but it has the harness adapter so that if you have the BSM system from the factory you can easily transfer it to our taillights from the stock ones. We don't necessarily prefer the OEM clones either which is why we decided to do something so drastically different! We tested a few designs of the lens layout (colors, etc.) and this was the most popular by overwhelming majority. It is very easy to smoke the lens if a customer wants the "blackout" look as well. The cutout on the side is for the side marker light, but is also for the BSM because if you transfer it over it will not shine through metal.
Sponsored