tell me what I just saw:

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
driving up the freeway near Everett & saw a jeep with what appeared to be a custom hard top on it. it appeared as though it was some kind of a pop-up tent built into the top, much like some of the older VW's. is this a commercially manufactured product or was someone extremely busy making their own "thing"??
Sponsored

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
It is a custom made thing. I looked into them, but too expensive for me. One of the guys on here has one, and maybe the one you seen.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Someone posted one for sale in the local member marketplace. Maybe you saw the actual Jeep? I couldn’t find the post.

Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Actually not as expensive as you thought. $8000 that will replace your hard top. A quality RTT plus a descent rack will cost you around $4000-5000, and your hardtop.

OP
OP
MyDaughters20JL

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
My rig? There's a few other J30s in WA but they're not common.
Jeep Wrangler JL tell me what I just saw: 1626044222840
the solid back matches, but, if I'm not mistaken (traffic was starting to bottleneck at US2 in Everett), the jeep was a sarge green..but I could be wrong

Sponsored

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Is it still possible to go topless?
Yea, it's just a hard top. It attaches to the jeep via normal hex head bolts at factory locations. Getting it off, however, is definitely a 4 man job just because of the bulk. It weighs about 100lbs more than a normal hard top. With my rear seat delete I'm only about 45 lbs heavier than stock - negligible. No measurable effect on mileage.

PacNWJLGecko

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Yea, it's just a hard top. It attaches to the jeep via normal hex head bolts at factory locations. Getting it off, however, is definitely a 4 man job just because of the bulk. It weighs about 100lbs more than a normal hard top. With my rear seat delete I'm only about 45 lbs heavier than stock - negligible. No measurable effect on mileage.
So most hard top lifters should be able to pull it then. Pretty cool man. Thanks for the info. My only hang up on a RTT is not being able to get it into my garage or into parking garages

OP
OP
MyDaughters20JL

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
So most hard top lifters should be able to pull it then. Pretty cool man. Thanks for the info. My only hang up on a RTT is not being able to get it into my garage or into parking garages
just researched it & it will add about 10 inches to the height of your jeep

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
just researched it & it will add about 10 inches to the height of your jeep
It's true - I measured. Real life is about 9.2 inches added at the highest part. My rubicon is stock, so think Rubi ride height on normal stock 33s. I can pull into a standard garage without scraping.