First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
First Jeep, 1979 CJ7 Renegade bought new. Fun vehicle, ran the power line trails in the Pennsylvania Poconos, which had some rock climbing and creek crossings, ran the forest management trails near State College, PA with it, and some creek crossings that are now residential areas north of Doylestown, PA. Lots of fun in the snow. Manual locking hubs. Doors off was EZ. 6 cylinder, 4 on the floor. Wipers are in their home position. Leaf springs in the front, stock bumper.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tell me about your first Jeep. 20220422_165703Cro
Sponsored

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I purchased a gently used ‘21 JLURD in September ‘22 with 9,5xx miles on it.

Unfortunately, as soon as I drove off the dealership’s parking lot I received a check engine light. I have to admit, this was extremely discouraging after already being skeptical of purchasing a used Jeep from a dealership that had little to no knowledge on the Jeep itself. When I originally test drove the unit (few days earlier) there were no check engine lights so the only thing I can think of is that the oil change /DEF top-off caused something to trigger the engine light.

The dealership was very urgent in getting the Jeep to a certified dealer located right down the road and after a few days of being down, come to find out the NOX sensors were bad and were completely replaced under warranty.

I now have a little over 1,000 miles since the sensors were replaced and have had no other issues, minus the known park sense issue that affects those units with aftermarket wheel/tires.

My wife and I have had a few GCs, but this is our first Wrangler and now understand why this Wrangler community has such a strong cult-like following.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tell me about your first Jeep. 4F755519-D13A-4D49-9974-DD450BD25FAD

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
My first Jeep was a 1997 TJ Jeep Wrangler Sport manual - a pretty stripped down version, because it was all I could afford. I loved this Jeep and had it for about 9 years. They didn't make a 1996 Wrangler and I had to wait a long time from when I decided to buy a Wrangler before I could actually place an order. Once I ordered it, it seemed to take forever to get it. I don't remember how long from order to delivery but I know it was much longer than the 7 1/2 weeks that my JL took, which seemed to take forever. There were lots of production delays and the dealer really didn't have any information so I was very much in the dark, I guess much like things still are today. I drove this Jeep for about 9 years until I traded it for a Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Next I bought
Jeep Wrangler JL Tell me about your first Jeep. 1997 JeepWrangler1
a FJ Cruiser. I liked both of these vehicles, but both times I thought about another Jeep but thought the 2dr Wrangler was too small and impractical. Now I'm back in a Wrangler, and also a Gladiator, and am loving my Jeeps!!

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
My first Jeep was a Gupton ordered new 2021 JLUS, Hella Yella. She was beautiful.

Two months after I got her, Carvana made an offer for ~6K more than I paid for her, so back to Gupton for my now 6 month old 2022 JLUSS, Hydro. She is gorgeous as well, but you never forget your first.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tell me about your first Jeep. 20211016_194720
Sponsored