First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Jeep has posted teasers of two JL Wrangler concepts they're bringing to Moab Easter Safari this year - starting next week.

From JLWF homepage: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com

The annual Moab Easter Safari kicks off next week and as has been the tradition, Jeep will be bringing out some concepts, including for the first time, JL Wrangler Concepts!

They've posted these two teaser images showing two different highly modified JL Wranglers. The first features a bull bar, hood scoop, cut and open fenders. The second concept sports a "Jeepster" badge on the front fender, an homage to the old Jeepster Commando from the '60-'70s, featuring a contrast color slanting hardtop, spare inside and gas cans mounted to rear tailgate.
FCA Press Release:

March 15, 2018 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The JeepĀ® and Mopar brands have once again joined forces to create a selection of Jeep concept vehicles for the annual Easter Jeep Safari. These images hint at two of the new concept vehicles that will head to Moab, March 24 ā€“ April 1. Look for more information and images next week.

2018-easter-jeep-safari-2.jpg
2018-easter-jeep-safari.jpg
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't mind having a Jeepster type of hard top.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
never understood the teasing nature of this. get everyone boned then shrug and call it an unavailable one-off concept. iā€™m glad they get to express themselves at work? whatā€™s it do for us? yawn
You mean pictures of 2 door JLs? :P

Sponsored

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
never understood the teasing nature of this. get everyone boned then shrug and call it an unavailable one-off concept. iā€™m glad they get to express themselves at work? whatā€™s it do for us? yawn
FCA is usually teasing future MOPAR stuff with these concepts, not necessarily full vehicle trims. We know half doors will be coming eventually, and that slantback hard top wouldn't surprise me either.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
It's a way for Jeep to throw out some ideas to the public to get their opinions on the designs. It's like beta testing to see what people really like or hate so they can possibly implement the ideas in future designs. As of now, it really is only eye candy to us, but some of the things could eventually be implemented.

BRZRKR

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge Ram- Daytona Edition
They showcased this jeep at Easter safari before the JL was released. Does that front grille look familiar? Auto Industry typically builds concepts like these to promote their band, and to also help direct the design of their marketed vehicles
jeep-easter-safari-concepts-9.jpg

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Heres an idea...how about you make some soft tops to stop the backorder! How about you make some jeeps for people who have been waiting months and months lol
I understand the frustration but Jeep (FCA) is not making the tops. Bestop makes the tops for Jeep. A lot of people are angry with FCA about this but it really is an issue with Bestop and that is where the frustration should be directed towards.

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
I understand the frustration but Jeep (FCA) is not making the tops. Bestop makes the tops for Jeep. A lot of people are angry with FCA about this but it really is an issue with Bestop and that is where the frustration should be directed towards.
Maybe Jeep needs 2 suppliers.

OP
OP
Gregodav

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
2018-easter-jeep-safari.jpg

Two-tone red-and-white paint job, and the noticeable "Jeepster" badge.

I really like how they carried out the two-tone look with the angled hard top. I would like this in the "Unlimited" just as much.

I truly wish they had a bunch of two-tone choices just like this. Awesome look!
Sponsored