Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Programmed my 2018 JLUS to use the backup camera when turn signals on. Now, when the turn signals automatically shut off after a turn, my radio turn on if it's off, or if it's on the volume either increases or the SiriusXM that I'm listening to resets. Any suggestions? Ideas?

EDIT: it's a stock 7" Uconnect radio.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The backup on turn signal is really only approved for the 8.4. It's somewhat hit or miss on the 7. The manual has a small note that indicates the feature is designed for the 8.4, but hopefully it will become more stable in the future with updates.

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
The backup on turn signal is really only approved for the 8.4. It's somewhat hit or miss on the 7. The manual has a small note that indicates the feature is designed for the 8.4, but hopefully it will become more stable in the future with updates.
Thank you Sting. I missed that note. It's not that "terrible" a thing, just annoying sometimes. :)

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Its buggy on the 8.4" as well, I had to turn mine off finally, it just got too annoying. Once the cam randomly turned on, i was just driving. But it would constantly hang up on the cam screen. Then issues when i was using navigation as well. Pretty disappointing considering the price.

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
Its buggy on the 8.4" as well, I had to turn mine off finally, it just got too annoying. Once the cam randomly turned on, i was just driving. But it would constantly hang up on the cam screen. Then issues when i was using navigation as well. Pretty disappointing considering the price.
I'm in the same boat, had to turn it off. My ess comes back on every so often too. Out of the box, my splash screen would keep cycling overnight until I upgraded firmware. Wasn't getting much help from joe either, oh well they already have my money.
Sponsored