TazerJL Question....making sure I understand

dke1955

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU 4 door
Have Tazer JL mini. Reset the JLU to 35's and now speedo is correct. Question: With the tire size now reset do I have to do anything to shift points or is this automatically taken care of by the "computer" as it now knows larger tires are being used??

Reading previous posts seems to indicate the shift points are adjusted by the computer without my need to do anything....right?

Just a side note as of receiving my Tazer a few weeks ago when trying to reset to TPMS I found the lowest the Tazer will now allow you to drop the pressure to is 25lbs....not at all what I was looking for, and not what I had seen others able to accomplish on You Tube (ie. Wayoflife) so looks like TPMS is now under the watchful eyes of uncle government..as is the ability to delete the in park with the door open ...a bummer for me as deleting the transmission IN PARK function and lowering the TPMS to 20 lbs (what I usually run in dirt) were two of the main reasons I purchased the Tazer....looking forward to replies....thanks everyone....love the forum!...LOTS to learn!
Ride Safe
see ya
dave
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Have Tazer JL mini. Reset the JLU to 35's and now speedo is correct. Question: With the tire size now reset do I have to do anything to shift points or is this automatically taken care of by the "computer" as it now knows larger tires are being used??

Reading previous posts seems to indicate the shift points are adjusted by the computer without my need to do anything....right?

Just a side note as of receiving my Tazer a few weeks ago when trying to reset to TPMS I found the lowest the Tazer will now allow you to drop the pressure to is 25lbs....not at all what I was looking for, and not what I had seen others able to accomplish on You Tube (ie. Wayoflife) so looks like TPMS is now under the watchful eyes of uncle government..as is the ability to delete the in park with the door open ...a bummer for me as deleting the transmission IN PARK function and lowering the TPMS to 20 lbs (what I usually run in dirt) were two of the main reasons I purchased the Tazer....looking forward to replies....thanks everyone....love the forum!...LOTS to learn!
Ride Safe
see ya
dave
The Tazer doesn't control the TPMS... the setting to which you're referring is the lowest until you get the low pressure warning. On trails, I'm lowered to about 18. I have a manual, so I couldn't answer anything about the 'in park' feature. You don't have to do anything with shift points.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
We are not addressing OPs question, but I too use the clips GreyFox linked to, but only to turn off the light. to turn off chimes,

1.Get in vehicle and put seat belt on.
2. Turn vehicle on. (Does not need to be started. Just press the start button twice without pressing the brake.)
3. Once the Jeep is on, the diagnostic screen will briefly show the seatbelt warning indicator. As soon as the indicator goes away. Quickly disconnect then reconnect the seatbelt at least three times.
4. Turn off Jeep.

I'm going to 35s as well and would be interested in shift point answer. I've gotten to where I just live with the TPMS light. At least I no longer get the Nanny warning via email when I air down. Jeep should have known we air down and built in a bypass.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The 8-speed auto is a "learning" transmission. It can adjust itself to according to how its being driven to optimize shift points. Still, it requires being told when things like tire size or axle gear sets are changed. Just update the tire size, with the Tazer, and it will take care of the rest in short order.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
the lowest you can go with TPMS is 25Psi, you are correct. You can also disable TPMS all together, turn it off.

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, shift points will adjust automatically. I just installed mine yesterday and changed a few things. I’m really interested in full locker and sway bar control, and so far, it’s been great! Double tap mute for the rear cam, add front cam, tpms adjust, ess switch memory, no seatbelt ding, dark mode for Northern Lights photo trips, disable panic button...I’m very happy so far!

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Disable panic button was the first thing I did. I thought it was just me. Too funny. I dont know how many times my steering wheel set it off. ( actually I do. 3 times in 1 week)

Sponsored

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Disable panic button was the first thing I did. I thought it was just me. Too funny. I dont know how many times my steering wheel set it off. ( actually I do. 3 times in 1 week)
Nope. I’ve set that off a hundred times with the fob in my pocket. It’s a good idea, but it’s a bit too easy to set off.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I've done that a couple of times too. Also having the damn key pop open in my pocket all the time. Resolved both by adding a rubber case cover.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Also having the damn key pop open in my pocket all the time. Resolved both by adding a rubber case cover.
I read somewhere on here to wrap a rubber band around the key, they cut the excess off of it. That worked great for me. I never use the key.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Please tell me how you set the panic off by turning steering wheel... I do have a case for my remote which protect the buttons for misfiring.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
LOL. my remote is in my pocket and I bump the steering wheel with my leg. Seems to always get the panic button.
Sponsored