Sponsored

TazerJL Feature Requests

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Don't hold your breath. Seriously doubt Joe would go for it.

To easy to accidentally toggle Light Show how in motion with this. Traffic Tickets and slight liability to Zautomotive.
For us in LEO this would be a great feature...He could protect the mode until we prove the person is LEO
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Actually, I spoke with Joe...he likes this idea and is going to look into it. More to follow.
As I said, don't hold your breath. Been there done that, got the t shirt.
Jeep Wrangler JL TazerJL Feature Requests Mini

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
1) 2nd gear start in D and/or M?

2) remove/extend remote start timeout?

mrjking2000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 Hurricane
i'm still waiting for them to fix the the stop/start issue on the JL Tazer. every time after being in 4wd the traction control disables after you take your foot off the brake at a stoplight with stop/start condition. kinda annoying.

fix is to power off jeep and restart. then it goes away.

Sponsored

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Now that JScan is capable of to enabling proximity, can Taser get the function also?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...nks-on-jl-wrangler.49241/page-31#post-1152476
yes it does.

i'm still waiting for them to fix the the stop/start issue on the JL Tazer. every time after being in 4wd the traction control disables after you take your foot off the brake at a stoplight with stop/start condition. kinda annoying.

fix is to power off jeep and restart. then it goes away.
Iā€™ll try this out myself. This is rubicon? 4Hi?
What firmware are you on?
If I can replicate it, I can fix it.
I keep ESS off, so itā€™s unlikely Iā€™d ever have this scenario. Especially in 4WD.

mrjking2000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 Hurricane
yes it does.

Iā€™ll try this out myself. This is rubicon? 4Hi?
What firmware are you on?
If I can replicate it, I can fix it.
I keep ESS off, so itā€™s unlikely Iā€™d ever have this scenario. Especially in 4WD.
it is a rubicon yes, 2018 and i'm running 12.2.4. this has been on mutliple firmware versions. to ensure it happens, go into 4 low, disconnect your sway bar, and drive a bit. then put it all back to 2wd and go to a stop. when it restarts it should disable the traction control in a couple seconds. will do it every restart.

joe, are you the one that answers the facebook messages? i have been talking via messenger to someone about requests on power wagons.

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
it is a rubicon yes, 2018 and i'm running 12.2.4. this has been on mutliple firmware versions. to ensure it happens, go into 4 low, disconnect your sway bar, and drive a bit. then put it all back to 2wd and go to a stop. when it restarts it should disable the traction control in a couple seconds. will do it every restart.

joe, are you the one that answers the facebook messages? i have been talking via messenger to someone about requests on power wagons.
I generally am not the one answering FB messages. We have a team of customer service techs that answer most of those.
we have power wagon coverage, you can always ask them to tag me so it comes to
me directly.

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜73 CJ5, ā€˜19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It would be nice if Tazer could override the computerā€™s control of the fresh air/recirc door (located behind the glove box) to force it fully open for recirc and fully closed for fresh air.

As it stands now, the computer wants to partially open the door at times, allowing unfiltered air to enter the cabin. After a day in the desert eating dust, itā€™s a real pain cleaning the dust out of the vents and behind the dash! Currently, the only alternative is to unplug the control wires leading to the door when it is in the preferred position.

there are several threads on the topic, the most extensive can be found here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...the-floor-vents-for-3-5-mins-then-stops.9720/

thanks.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to see a module released that has just a few items like TPMS on/off with pressure settings, tire size and maybe ESS off and thatā€™s it, I know there is a lite version but to be all Iā€™m interested in is these three things so now worth the $200

Im sure this type of module would easily sell, I really like the simplicity of a module like a Tazer lite for these 3-4 things and would be happy to pay a reasonable cost but not the $200 for the lite version.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
It would be nice if Tazer could override the computerā€™s control of the fresh air/recirc door (located behind the glove box) to force it fully open for recirc and fully closed for fresh air.

As it stands now, the computer wants to partially open the door at times, allowing unfiltered air to enter the cabin. After a day in the desert eating dust, itā€™s a real pain cleaning the dust out of the vents and behind the dash! Currently, the only alternative is to unplug the control wires leading to the door when it is in the preferred position.

there are several threads on the topic, the most extensive can be found here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...the-floor-vents-for-3-5-mins-then-stops.9720/

thanks.
I just unplugged mine, took just a minute after dropping the glove box

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Do you leave yours unplugged all the time? I've never heard of this. What exactly does this do?
My HVAC system would randomly blow warm air like others have reported so after reading here and checking I dropped the glove box and found the connector that goes to the damper control motor and disconnected it and now it does not randomly open letting in warm outside air, apparently itā€™s by FCA design to do this so fresh air can be brought into the cabin area.

I donā€™t need fresh outside warm air brought into my Jeep during these hot humid South Texas summers, I guess FCA is concerned about us having fresh air in a vehicle where the roof and doors come off...go figure

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
Light Show with Hazard Button.
Light Show where the last button pressed is LOCK so you can leave your light show on without doors being unlocked.

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My HVAC system would randomly blow warm air like others have reported so after reading here and checking I dropped the glove box and found the connector that goes to the damper control motor and disconnected it and now it does not randomly open letting in warm outside air, apparently itā€™s by FCA design to do this so fresh air can be brought into the cabin area.

I donā€™t need fresh outside warm air brought into my Jeep during these hot humid South Texas summers, I guess FCA is concerned about us having fresh air in a vehicle where the roof and doors come off...go figure
Yeah, I read a bit about it with the link that someone provided above. I'm in that category of...I don't use the "auto" function, so mine doesn't blow hot air randomly. I do remember that when I first got my Jeep, but I stopped using the auto function and never had that issue again.
Sponsored