Sponsored

Whsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Clubs

Which is a huge negative. TA should be used extremely sparingly.
This is very true. It’s not as bad if the tire is planted on rock, but it can really tear up dirt. In Moab the Bronco guides for the offroadeo have to go out and repair the trail from time to time to fix holes that get dug by people using this feature.

That being said, it can definitely get you out of a bind in a pinch. It should be seen, and used, more as a recovery feature (or in sand), and not as a substitute for picking the right line or taking 30 seconds to do a 3 point on a trail.
Sponsored

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
As one of dozens, DOZENS of people who likely requested this, I'm glad to see it finally happen! There's one more step that can happen after this one. I think I'll send another feature request and see if they can't build upon their latest success!

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
As one of dozens, DOZENS of people who likely requested this, I'm glad to see it finally happen! There's one more step that can happen after this one. I think I'll send another feature request and see if they can't build upon their latest success!
Care to share?

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Care to share?
I was going to save it for a CAN bus reverse engineering project. But you know what? There's no reason for me to be stingy... we're just doing our thing for the benefit of everyone. Okay. So here's the next evolution of the trail turn in modern vehicles:

Trail turn is something you want to do on a loose surface, like dirt and gravel. But what happens if you do the exact same thing, just to a lesser degree, but on solid pavement? Is there any benefit to that?

As it turns out, there is. I just described the Kinematic Posture Control feature that's making it's way onto the 2022 Mazda Miata. (They stole it from Toyota, I want to remember.) Here's a press release which talks about the new feature. I'll describe...

What happens is when you're making a sharp turn on pavement, if you apply light brake pressure to the inside wheel of a turn, you can substantially improve the amount of body roll during the turn. This ends up giving you even more control during sharper cornering.

So we're still braking the inside tire during a turn, but we're doing it to a much lighter degree, and we're doing it with the aim of adjusting the vehicle's pose or stance during the turn, but it also enhances the turn through evening out the vehicle's weight distribution. It's a clever little feature that Mazda's adding on this year's Miata.

If they could pull it off, it'd be a really handsome feature to find on a Tazer, too.

UPDATE:
Suggestion submitted at the Z Automotive feature request page.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
It's a gimmick.

It's a gimmick on the Bronco, and now it's a gimmick on the Jeep.
It's certainly not something I've ever needed or even thought about even on the tightest trails.

How is it activated with the Tazer? Just curious.

Reactions: J0E

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Guess I have to post a video of it working because it 100% does allow me to have the door open, seatbelt off and drive forward.
I think it would be educating if you do post a vid.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

It's certainly not something I've ever needed or even thought about even on the tightest trails.

How is it activated with the Tazer? Just curious.
The video shows how to activate it as well as showing it in action. Incredibly tight turning radius.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
one touch button
Cool. I like the one touch button feature.

Sounded like the Bronco made all kinds of brake noise. I didn't hear any out of the Jeep.

It sure tore the hell out of the ground under that snow!

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
You mean stopping autopark with the doors off and belt off? The Tazer absolutely removes that.
I had to google to find out what autopark was. I have driven my wrangler forward and reverse loads of time with the doors open and belt off just to get it out of the way, but it never goes back to park.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
What I don’t understand is why donuts are what seem to be highlighted with this feature!?! Donuts are WAY more fun in 2wd with the rear locker on, traction control FULLY off and WOT!!! THAT’s why I got the Tazer years ago.

I am VERY excited about this feature though, for lower speed maneuverability in rocks and trees to tighten my turning radius!! Especially since an Atlas (for front digs) doesn’t seem to be an option anytime soon.

In some defense of Casey, my 2 friends with diesel JL’s seem to have defeated the autopark. For whatever reason it works for them, the first try it will park, but the second try, it’s working…

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
i can defeat auto park sometimes by working the gas pedal slowly.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had to google to find out what autopark was. I have driven my wrangler forward and reverse loads of time with the doors open and belt off just to get it out of the way, but it never goes back to park.
I've got a 2021 JLUR with the auto tranny and it doesn't do autopark. This Jeep is bone stock and no Tazer.

It sounds like that was a really bad feature.
Sponsored