Sponsored

Tazer question

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
Hi. I need a tazer or dealer flash to enable my newly installed LED fogs and turn signals to work correctly. Is it possible to borrow or rent a tazer for this purpose? I understand tazers can do much more, but I really don’t want anything more except the lights to work correctly. Thx
Sponsored

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Nope.
The Tazer gets “married” or locked to the vehicle it’s used on.

just buy one. You’ll be glad you did.

If you’re absolutely certain you won’t do anything else to your Jeep just pay the dealer to flash it, but I don’t know many who actually stop modding. LOL

OP
OP

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
Nope.

If you’re absolutely certain you won’t do anything else to your Jeep just pay the dealer to flash it, but I don’t know many who actually stop modding. LOL
Ok that makes sense thanks for setting me straight.

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Nope.

What is the cost to do a dealer flash? And what are they actually doing?

What else is a Tazer good for? I really don’t want to drop a few hundred on something I don’t expect to use.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
What is the cost to do a dealer flash? And what are they actually doing?

What else is a Tazer good for? I really don’t want to drop a few hundred on something I don’t expect to use.
Tazer feature list is here: https://www.zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl/

ESS disablement, weather alert disablement, panic button disablement, TPMS threshold customization, and the ability to reboot the UConnect without yanking fuses are my favorite and most used features.

Dealer flash cost depends on the dealer. This guy paid $160 and they didn’t/couldn’t change the TPMS: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/dealer-copout.35082/

Sponsored

davidafuller

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUS (Granite Crystal)
Occupation
CPA
Tazer feature list is here: https://www.zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl/

ESS disablement, weather alert disablement, panic button disablement, TPMS threshold customization, and the ability to reboot the UConnect without yanking fuses are my favorite and most used features.

Dealer flash cost depends on the dealer. This guy paid $160 and they didn’t/couldn’t change the TPMS: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/dealer-copout.35082/
Thanks. Guess it’ll come down to how much I would get raked over the coals at my local dealer. I’m not expecting to use most of the features it offers and only know it exists because of the Morimoto XB DRLs I want to get, haha

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
I purchased my Tazer I believe in August of 18. It the best investment I’ve maybe for it hands down. Being able to adjust TPMS is the main reason I decided to purchase it. Turning off ESS is another feature that I use, and having the fog lights on with the high beam comes in real handy when your having to watch for deer.

You’ll definitely get your money out of it!
Sponsored