DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I spent an hour and a half trying to get that left plug out. I was able to firmly, and I mean firmly press the clip in and it would not budge. I tugged on the wires much harder than I ever should have. Thank goodness they didn't come out.

I'm going to try one more time Saturday morning when I am rested and can concentrate a little better.

Z-Auto, I need to know if there is a trick. The one on the right came out relatively easily, with a positive click. The one on the left makes no such noise. I stuck the right one back in so that I can drive my Jeep to work tomorrow.

If I can't get this left plug out, I'll be extremely disappointed because I love the features this product unlocks. However, I will be politely requesting a refund. It isn't worth tearing a wire loose and causing myself a big problem that will be difficult to explain when trying to get it repaired.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had the tab pressed as far as it would go, with a solid, firm press. I also tried pushing the plug back up in there and there is no movement. The tolerances on this thing are tight. At one point, I even had a good grip on the other side of it so I didn't have to pull on the wire. No dice. There is no play or movement. The tab has plenty of travel, and I used it all, again, firmly pushing it all the way in.

I did all kinds of hand/finger yoga to get a good press. It took forever, but trust me, I got it. No luck.

The right one took a couple tries, but came out pretty easily.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My hands are now eaten to hell, btw. They feel like I've been rooting around in a thorn bush.

Another concern this give me is having to unmarry it, reverse this, and do it again every time I take my Jeep to the dealership. There must be a better way to get in there. What if the lower dash panel were removed? Anybody tried that?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
My hands are now eaten to hell, btw. They feel like I've been rooting around in a thorn bush.

Another concern this give me is having to unmarry it, reverse this, and do it again every time I take my Jeep to the dealership. There must be a better way to get in there. What if the lower dash panel were removed? Anybody tried that?
I just looked at mine, but I don't think removing the lower dash panel gains you any extra access to that plug since the clip is on the back side(towards the front of the vehicle.) Maybe removing the module that sits on the other side of that metal plate with the hole in it will make it easier to see/feel(If you can get your head in there)
plugs.jpg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe a small flat blade screwdriver in between the latch and the "hook." That is if you can get a screwdriver in there.... You probably don't want to hear this, but I took mine out and put it back in a few times just now to make sure it would easily come back out and it did. Maybe you just have a lemon of a clip :headbang:

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe a small flat blade screwdriver in between the latch and the "hook." That is if you can get a screwdriver in there.... You probably don't want to hear this, but I took mine out and put it back in a few times just now to make sure it would easily come back out and it did. Maybe you just have a lemon of a clip :headbang:
Yeah, I'm worried the clip is defective. To get a screwdriver up there, it has to be longer than any I have. I tried one that was pretty long and it was about an inch or so too short. I'm not sure it would have helped, though. I had a solid press on that clip.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a tip that might help. Rather than try and get both hands up there, first wrap the cable you want to pull out with a thin wide strap. Let the strap hang down on both sides about a foot. That way when you press the tab with one hand, you can easily pull the strap with the other hand. Note, I haven't tried this but I wish I thought of it earlier when I did mine.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I have an extra set of factory wheels and tires from my JKU that are 32's (if I remember correctly) that I will swap out for long highway trips until the rubber is dea, then they will either get sold or mounted with 35's. The Tazer will give me the ability to swap back and forth without going to dealer and paying his prices over and over again.

JL_MX

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Ok, so I have Cooper Tires STT PRO that are 34.69 in diameter. I have used my Tazer for the first time today and I changed my tire size. My questions are?

1.- Does changing the tire fix the speedometer?
2.- Do I need to change Gear Ratio??
3.- Do I need to change Transfer Case LOW Ratio??

I have read that if you change to a bigger tires, the speed changes of the Jeep get different, that why I'm asking if the Tazer fixes this.

Thanks

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I have Cooper Tires STT PRO that are 34.69 in diameter. I have used my Tazer for the first time today and I changed my tire size. My questions are?

1.- Does changing the tire fix the speedometer?
2.- Do I need to change Gear Ratio??
3.- Do I need to change Transfer Case LOW Ratio??

I have read that if you change to a bigger tires, the speed changes of the Jeep get different, that why I'm asking if the Tazer fixes this.

Thanks
1. Yes it makes it right again.
2. NO, you didn't do anything to your gear ratio. DO NOT CHANGE THIS
3. NO, you didn't do anything to the transfer case. DO NOT CHANGE THIS.

Those are options for building your Jeep with bigger, newer, insane parts.... LOL

You may use them later.............

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
@JL_MX

I agree with PaPasJP..

Just be sure after programming to check your speedo readout against a MPH app on your smart phone!

JL_MX

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
1. Yes it makes it right again.
2. NO, you didn't do anything to your gear ratio. DO NOT CHANGE THIS
3. NO, you didn't do anything to the transfer case. DO NOT CHANGE THIS.

Those are options for building your Jeep with bigger, newer, insane parts.... LOL

You may use them later.............

What about transmission shifting points? How do I correct that after installing bigger tires?

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What about transmission shifting points? How do I correct that after installing bigger tires?
You did that when you changed the tire size to correct them.

You are all good.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I have an extra set of factory wheels and tires from my JKU that are 32's (if I remember correctly) that I will swap out for long highway trips until the rubber is dea, then they will either get sold or mounted with 35's. The Tazer will give me the ability to swap back and forth without going to dealer and paying his prices over and over again.
@BostonBilly
@TTEChris
@PaPasJP
@ all others..

Hint: Lets say you have 2, 3, 4 different sets of tires.

You set-up / program with your Tazer JL.... you program the first tire size, etc., and other lets call them feature "wants".

Now, a few weeks down the road you want to set-up with another size tire and have the same other feature "wants'. Well, you could/can just go ahead and reprogram with the TazerJL but damn you will lose all/certain settings for that first set of tires and those wants....

Well, instead of losing those settings you can ....... you can, while the first set of tires is programmed with the TazerJL and before you do the new tire set-up/programming, do the following: You can use ZPU – click “configure” then “utilities” and then do a BCM READ (while plugged into the Jeep, ignition RUN) and save... You will have effectively saved that configuration.

Now, you can set-up/program that different set of tires and wants. When you are done using those tires, & wants, you, once again, use ZPU – click “configure” then “utilities” and then do a BCM READ (while plugged into the Jeep, ignition RUN) and save.. You will have effectively saved that configuration.

NOW, you have 2 individual set-ups saved that you can use..

So, you can see that you could have many saved configurations at your disposal.

Last edited:

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
@BostonBilly
@TTEChris
@PaPasJP
@others...

Do know this in regard to the Tazer Jl... You can unmarry the Tazer JL before you go to the dealer. You would then after the unmarry, remove both Tazer JL modules. When you unmarry, the JL automatically goes back to factory settings..

BUT.. do know that when you reinstall that same Tazer JL and 2nd module to your JL, that all the settings that you had before unmarrying, will be automatically pushed back to the JL when you remarry . You do not have to set-up all again..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.