Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Dear Awesome Jeepers,

I couldn’t find anything in the instructions regarding unmarrying the device before unplugging it from vehicle to perform an update. Tonight I simply removed it without thinking. Should I plug it back in, unmarry it, and THEN perform the update to the Tazer? Or am I good to go simply disconnecting it?

Thanks!
Jason
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Personally, the only way I would not plug it back in and un-marry is if the Tazer guy himself said it was okay. I recommend just asking him. Do you want to risk bricking an expensive part of your Jeep on the advice of some guy on the interwebs who could be drunk? I know people who take huge chances all the time. I know guys who smoke cigarettes while unloading gasoline from a tanker. The gasoline cigarette guy would never un-marry his Tazer before updating the firmware. Do you want to be that guy? :CWL:

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Personally, the only way I would not plug it back in and un-marry is if the Tazer guy himself said it was okay. I recommend just asking him. Do you want to risk bricking an expensive part of your Jeep on the advice of some guy on the interwebs who could be drunk? I know people who take huge chances all the time. I know guys who smoke cigarettes while unloading gasoline from a tanker. The gasoline cigarette guy would never un-marry his Tazer before updating the firmware. Do you want to be that guy? :CWL:
Good point. I like your logic! 😂
Sponsored