Tazer Mini fights Stinger Heigh10 and,,,

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Figured I would post this separate from my other thread in here.

While installing a heigh10 last week I ran out of time and decided to finish the next day. My tazer mini was still connected and I had already disconnected the stock uconnect 7” display. At this point I had all the wires ran for the heigh10, but they were not connected. The only wire I had messed with on the system was the usb on the back of the center console. I had unplugged the original and plugged the new one from the stinger kit in. The other end was not plugged into anything yet.

So, I plugged the uconnect screen back in and the Jeep decided she didn’t want to play anymore.

The display asked for the anti theft code (which I finally got) and the dash said o needed to service the airbag, stability control, among other things.

Jeep won’t start now. I spoke with stinger and they told me the usb wire on the console was not the problem. They also said the tazer mini and heigh10 will not work together.

She suggested disconnecting the battery for at least thirty minutes with the tazer unmarried and removed.

This is the 2021 with the 2.0 and has the two batteries.

Any other ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

75F75780-48F8-4412-8226-304B454239A2.jpeg

C9D6A1F6-5026-4AAB-B1B6-27B65D98E934.jpeg

C2DBFD88-B227-4B85-88B9-2139F2F02A0B.jpeg

956D1CA8-C7AE-4E8B-BF9C-BCD295475BD8.jpeg
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Any other ideas/thoughts/suggestions?
I suggested something similar to what Stinger told you in your other thread. You’ve already unmarried the Tazer, so that’s good. I would disconnect the battery and put the original radio back in place. Wait a bit and then reconnect the battery, but don’t do anything. Let the vehicle sit for up to 24 hours for the radio to relearn the vehicle. These Uconnect radios are so tightly integrated, they need time to learn the vehicles features. After the vehicle has sat for the duration, start it up and see what happens.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I suggested something similar to what Stinger told you in your other thread. You’ve already unmarried the Tazer, so that’s good. I would disconnect the battery and put the original radio back in place. Wait a bit and then reconnect the battery, it don’t do anything. Let the vehicle sit for up to 24 hours for the radio to relearn the vehicle. These Uconnect radios are so tightly integrated, they need time to learn the vehicles features. After the vehicle has sat for the duration, start it up and see what happens.
Thank you guys. I will do this.

Will disconnecting the negatives (and separating) and the positive on the main battery be sufficient?

I really don’t want to dig for the other battery.

Last edited:

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Will disconnecting the negatives (and departing) and the positive on the main battery be sufficient?
It’s my understanding that you don’t need to remove the positive cable. Just disconnect the negative side, separate the 2 cables and keep them from touching.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Download this .png and view with your computer. You will be able to click the magnifying glass at the top of the image so you can enlarge as needed for viewing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer Mini fights Stinger Heigh10 and,,, Jeep power disconnect

Sponsored

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Download this .png and view with your computer. You will be able to click the magnifying glass at the top of the image so you can enlarge as needed for viewing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer Mini fights Stinger Heigh10 and,,, Jeep power disconnect
Ugh!!! This would have been super helpful the last few days. Thank goodness I didn’t deploy the airbags. I am heading out to do this now.

JLUDAVE, I am going to wait an hour. Then reconnect the battery and let it sit until late tomorrow night. Crossing my fingers this will work.

If it doesn’t, I will have to take it to Jeep. Weather permitting, I may pull the old YJ out and drive it (no top or doors) next week. If this is the case, I am going to see if The dealership will fix the missed paint areas around the hinges to prevent the bubbling others have talked about.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Ugh!!! This would have been super helpful the last few days. Thank goodness I didn’t deploy the airbags. I am heading out to do this now.

JLUDAVE, I am going to wait an hour. Then reconnect the battery and let it sit until late tomorrow night. Crossing my fingers this will work.

If it doesn’t, I will have to take it to Jeep. Weather permitting, I may pull the old YJ out and drive it (no top or doors) next week. If this is the case, I am going to see if The dealership will fix the missed paint areas around the hinges to prevent the bubbling others have talked about.

All set. Just in case this doesn’t work, anyone know if it’s possible to pull the Jeep with a strap without the engine on and the brake pedal in this state? I have towed a handful of vehicles with no power and no issues. This is a little different though. The brake pedal seems to be locked in the upward position. I am wondering if I will even have any use of them. Not sure if this situation is different than others losing power etc. otherwise, insurance tow may be the route.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
All set. Just in case this doesn’t work, anyone know if it’s possible to pull the Jeep with a strap without the engine on and the brake pedal in this state? I have towed a handful of vehicles with no power and no issues. This is a little different though. The brake pedal seems to be locked in the upward position. I am wondering if I will even have any use of them. Not sure if this situation is different than others losing power etc. otherwise, insurance tow may be the route.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer Mini fights Stinger Heigh10 and,,, yy.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer Mini fights Stinger Heigh10 and,,, zzz.JPG