Tazer Mini 392

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I installed my Tazer mini yesterday in the 392 just to change tire size and turn off tpms. Has anyone tried the force 2wd yet? If so, how did it go?
Sponsored

Viking Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR. 2021 392 Wrangler.
There are a couple on the 392 forum that like it. I have my Tazer but not the Jeep yet. I will try it but plan to use as manufacturer intended most of the time.

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
I installed my Tazer mini yesterday in the 392 just to change tire size and turn off tpms. Has anyone tried the force 2wd yet? If so, how did it go?
Can you do me a favor and try the setting to activate the hood alarm? Test it out and let me know your experience?

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
Can you do me a favor and try the setting to activate the hood alarm? Test it out and let me know your experience?
I accidently tested mine. Went to wire the aux switches to some Baja Designs lights. Forgot about the alarm. Horn and lights flashing. Had to scramble back in the house for the key fob.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
The hood alarm will work/works well..... just know you cannot at the same time use the disable panic alarm feature... You must use either or....

Sponsored

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Works great and now my primary driving mode, 2WD that is. And as expected, much better fuel economy around town and on the highway.

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Sound like papa and rhineback got your covered.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
I am sure it is covered somewhere, I am just too lazy to search. But, can the Tazer be removed if the Jeep has to be taken in for warranty and have no data logged on OEM ECU?

Thanks
Sam

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I am sure it is covered somewhere, I am just too lazy to search. But, can the Tazer be removed if the Jeep has to be taken in for warranty and have no data logged on OEM ECU?

Thanks
Sam
You have to unmarry and remove it if you don’t want to chance it. Removal only just disables live functions.

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
You have to unmarry and remove it if you don’t want to chance it. Removal only just disables live functions.
I haven't tried this yet....if you unmarry and remove the Tazer and then plug it back in and marry it...does the Tazer remember your settings or do you have to setup the features you want again?

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't tried this yet....if you unmarry and remove the Tazer and then plug it back in and marry it...does the Tazer remember your settings or do you have to setup the features you want again?
You have to reset the features you want. It has been recommended to take note of your changes. I actually take note on the instructions of what changes I have made for future reference.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Thanks
Sam
@SSWIM

Don't take this personal.... but it is guy's/gals like you that install a Tazer JL ... a programmer, and then in short order have varied issues... warranty issue, no start situations, close calls and more

A programmer is nothing to install and use and fool with, if you are clueless lets say.

At the very least ......DO, do take the time to go to ZAutomotive's website and download and read the Tazer JL instructions.... Also, do some forum research in regard to your JL, the Tazer JL, the Serv ice Department...

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
@SSWIM

Don't take this personal.... but it is guy's/gals like you that install a Tazer JL ... a programmer, and then in short order have varied issues... warranty issue, no start situations, close calls and more

A programmer is nothing to install and use and fool with, if you are clueless lets say.

At the very least ......DO, do take the time to go to ZAutomotive's website and download and read the Tazer JL instructions.... Also, do some forum research in regard to your JL, the Tazer JL, the Serv ice Department...

Well, don't take this personal. I own several repair facilities. 17 bays. 12 Technicians. Family has been in the auto repair business for 65 years. I would venture to say I have a little more experience with auto service than the average fellow. I DO KNOW what a programmer is. There are different variants. Some will leave info that the dealer can and will use against the owner. We have done many vehicle reprogramming , reflashes and updates. EFI Live and others.

With that said I asked due to my laziness. I did not want to search the web.

Thanks HOAG4147. Appreciate your info.

Sam

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
Well, don't take this personal. I own several repair facilities. 17 bays. 12 Technicians. Family has been in the auto repair business for 65 years. I would venture to say I have a little more experience with auto service than the average fellow. I DO KNOW what a programmer is. There are different variants. Some will leave info that the dealer can and will use against the owner. We have done many vehicle reprogramming , reflashes and updates. EFI Live and others.

With that said I asked due to my laziness. I did not want to search the web.

Thanks HOAG4147. Appreciate your info.

Sam
Given your experience, would you recommend the Tazer?

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Given your experience, would you recommend the Tazer?

If it does not "ghost" the OEM ECU, in my opinion, it would be a great programmer.

Of course maybe the final say would be left to Rhinebeck. He seems to be the expert. :like:

Sam
Sponsored