Sponsored

Tazer Lite Upgrade Key Fail Help Needed!!

PullmeSideways1341

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
All - I thought this would be straight forward, but it has been an absolute terrible experience troubleshooting this afternoon.

I have a JL Tazer Lite and purchased the Key Code from their website to activate the full "mini" features.

My Tazer is eligible for the upgrade and the firmware is the latest edition 11.2.5 released on 12.1.20.

When entering my key code and simply hitting "Activate" - I receive a message that reads Activation Unsuccessful.

I have rebooted by Tazer in the Jeep and have tried Unmarrying it. Nothing is working! While being out $125 is annoying, the worst part is I need to get this working before the weekend due to some time constraints.

Has anyone else run into this and how did you solve for the problem of getting your tazer lite upgraded?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@PullmeSideways1341

Text, and ask Joe.....

You will get faster support via text....
Text Joe at 631-533-3363 and ask him..
Do not call the #. Text only. Joe will get back to you pretty quickly.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
What @Rhinebeck01 said, shoot him a text and he’ll get back. He’s helped me out a time or two. I too upgraded mine that way but didn’t have any issues. Hit him up and let him know, I’m sure he can help you out.

OP
OP
PullmeSideways1341

PullmeSideways1341

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What @Rhinebeck01 said, shoot him a text and he’ll get back. He’s helped me out a time or two. I too upgraded mine that way but didn’t have any issues. Hit him up and let him know, I’m sure he can help you out.
I did text prior to posting. Good news is I did get a response later this evening. I was checking in to update this.

Looks like their key generator may have had a glitch. A new key was provided and all is well!

Thanks Zauto for turning a sad experience into a good one!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Joe @ ZAutomotive is real good at getting back to you via text.

Nights, weekends, holidays, whenever, he usually gets back to you within and hour .... sometimes in less..

Joe is a hands on, small business owner that gives a dam, to say the least..
Sponsored