Sponsored

Tazer JL v11.0.6 posted

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
@DanW

For one, the timing with disable ESS has been fixed. ESS turns off in say 3" versus the 10 or so seconds with the older firmware.

Also, with 11.0.6 no one using same has reported ESS not being disabled each and every time. Myself and others with past firmware had ESS occasionally not disable with each start. Not the case for me. When using .3 my ESS worked perfectly and now it doesn’t. This is the main function I am using right now.

Disable auto park works well with 11.0.6 . Note: Seat belt has to be fastened for disable auto park to work properly

With older firmware, a couple of features were lets call it stepping on each other ...11.0.6 those issues have been fixed.

Anyway, while not perfect, 11.0.6 is the pick of the litter firmware wise!

Yes, Turncam still needs tweaking so just don't use it, if you do not want to deal with the occasional hiccups that it has. Probably next firmware release there will be less or no quirks with that terrific feature.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Goin2drt
I think You are the only one that has reported an issue with ESS and 11.0.6 .

You also had other major issues with 11.0.6 and your JL. You have something going on with your Tazer JL lets say, that others do not have going on. I suggest you reach out to ZAutomotive again, and tell them you are still having issues. Perhaps they need to send you new hardware, firmware or what I do not know.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
I'm holding out. I haven't updtated to .6 yet due to all these issues. The version I'm on is working perfectly. I'll wait for .7 or whatever corrects these. I appreciate you guys taking the dive and identifying the bugs. I got to busy to download .6 and now I'm kind of glad.
Like you, I have not updated either. I am also waiting for the next update to fix the bugs. My version right now is working perfect.

jdog09

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S (Sporticon ;-))
I must have the one and only dongle that doesn't like .6. Oh well I guess I will wait for the next release and give that a try.

Obviously my unit is working since I can go back to .3 and everything works fine.
I received a brand new one over the weekend and before putting in Jeep upgraded to .06.. After installation I only get Sway Bar Menu item on audio menu.

I am going to attempt to flash back to .03 and see if it works.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I received a brand new one over the weekend and before putting in Jeep upgraded to .06.. After installation I only get Sway Bar Menu item on audio menu.

@jdog09

What "new one" did you receive? A Tazer JL or Lite version? What firmware did it have on it when you received it?

Are you familiar with how to use the programmer?

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

Well mine was truly an issue with the Tazer. I texted them and they got that part fixed. For me when using .3 I had full functionality and everything worked great however I did not get the added features. When I went to .6 the Tazer for some reason went into the Tazer "Lite" mode so I lost a bunch of things. auto had to "re authorize" my dongle and gave me an authorization code. This worked and I had all the new functions.

HOWEVER now using .6 my ESS doesn't work right. Sometimes when I start the car it doesn't come on at all and I need to push the button. After pushing the button then sometimes randomly while driving around it turns itself back off and I have to push the button again.

Trying to get this resolved because I really do like the concept and IMO there is no other better solution in the market.

jdog09

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What "new one" did you receive? A Tazer JL or Lite version? What firmware did it have on it when you received it?

Are you familiar with how to use the programmer?
Tazer JL and I believe so on using..

1.) Plugged in after putting in the bypass.
2.) Set Car to Run on Ignition (Engine not running)
3.) Use the Left Steering controls to get to 7. Audio
4.) Hold Down Left Steering Button and push Left on Cruise to toggle through the menu.

Nothing I do changes and it just says SwayBar Disconnect.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@jdog09

First I would try .... Unmarry the Tazer JL and then load firmware again. You will have to select Manual update in the ZAutomotive utility program. You can use either 11.0.3 or 11.0.6. I would use 11.0.6. After this, try again. IF you still just see Sway Bar Disconnect, contact ZAutomotive and ask for help.

jdog09

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never got to Marry on the
@jdog09

First I would try .... Unmarry the Tazer JL and then load firmware again. You will have to select Manual update in the ZAutomotive utility program. You can use either 11.0.3 or 11.0.6. I would use 11.0.6. After this, try again. IF you still just see Sway Bar Disconnect, contact ZAutomotive and ask for help.
Fir
@jdog09

Never got that far... I downgraded to 11.03 and it works... 11.06 is not ready for prime time.. IMO

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@jdog09

I'd bet the issue was related to your inexperience with the Tazer JL, installing firmware, etc. and not at all with 11.0.6.

Sponsored

ar15rifle

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 2014 Audi A4. 2015 Fiat 500C. 1970 Ford F250
Even with all the bugs I love TurnCam! It's not that difficult to hit the button again after it occasionally messes up. We've trie to log all the similarities with when it errs, but as of now are unable to identify any pattern.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I used the .6 version to set my tire size to 37. the next day I noticed it was back to 32. I changed it again, saved, booted, and checked. I was back to 32. I set it again, after reboot checked and it was set to 37. I will check again tomorrow. Is this due to the .6 version or just a weird save/reboot glitch?
I was able to do the change, and verify it stuck, I do not think this had anything to do with the .6 version.

Mvp8500

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot find how to turn off the turn cam. I have looked through the ll the options but I cannot find it.
Can you please tell me how?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Mvp8500

Mike, "TurnCam" is a "Live Feature". (See list of 11.0.6 Live Features below) For Live Features you must have the JL engine running for you to see and turn on or off individual Live Features.

Not all that the Tazer JL can do but here is the list of the Live Features...
Live Features:
Firmware 11.0.6

Functions:
- AutoStopStart disable – can automatically turn off the auto stop start system every time you
start the vehicle
- AutoTracKill – can automatically turn off the traction control every time you start the vehicle
- Can disconnect sway bar in 2WD up to 30mph
- Can use backup camera and added cargo/front/undercarriage camera or media player at
any speed
- TurnCAM – automatic backup camera when turn signals are used (8.4 uconnect only)
- AP Kill- overrides the AutoPark system so the vehicle can be moved with the door open
- Light Show mode – 6 preset and 3 make-your-own Light shows that flashes all the exterior
lights, perfect for car shows/first responders/off-road visibility. Control from Key Fob or
steering wheel buttons. Can be enabled for in-motion use for parades, off-road and legal
police/EMS.
- Cooldown mode: Turn engine fans on demand when the ignition is on, engine not running
- Line Lock: Can lock front brakes for an easy burnout
- Rock Crawl: Can lock all four brakes by pressing steering wheel buttons to hold the vehicle
still, especially helpful when off-road.
- Winch Mode: Raise idle to 2000 RPM with a simple button press.
- Clear CELs – Reset that pesky check engine light. Good when you have mods that set the
light and you know exactly why.
- 0 to 30 and 0 to 60 Timers – Displays 0-30 or 0-60 times on EVIC display
- Firmware updates – new firmware is available periodically, always free and posted to the Z
Automotive website. Use ZPU programming utility, also on the website, to load the
firmware.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I currently don’t use turnCam as there is a glitch between it and CarPlay, sometimes when I used it the camera would stay on after the turn signal went off and lots of times the music that was playing would randomly shut off so for now I’m not using it until the next release
Sponsored