Sponsored

Tazer JL v11.0.6 posted

ar15rifle

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 2014 Audi A4. 2015 Fiat 500C. 1970 Ford F250
I love my Tazer, however we noticed that we also experience the bug that shuts off the radio sound when the rear camera turns on with the turn signals. It's easily correctable by pressing the Sat etc button, but just thought someone should know.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I love my Tazer, however we noticed that we also experience the bug that shuts off the radio sound when the rear camera turns on with the turn signals. It's easily correctable by pressing the Sat etc button, but just thought someone should know.
I got my .6 update to work but I am noticing that occasionally the button doesn’t stay turned on
@ar15rifle
@Goin2drt

TurnCam (rear camera on with turn signals) indeed needs some tweaking by ZAutomotive. Remember, this feature is new to the Tazer's and of course new means some hiccups are to be expected.... and in time...., undoubtedly, ZAutomotive will work out the glitches...

I stopped using TurnCam (rear camera on with turn signals) because when I used 3 blink turn, the camera would not automatically turn back off after coming on. I WILL, re-enable TurnCam (rear camera on with turn signals) when I trailer tow. I am in hopes that many that this hiccup will be worked out in a future firmware update.

@joe@zauto

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I love the idea of TurnCAM but had to turn it off as it was to buggy with CarPlay, when playing music from my phone using CarPlay and changing lanes the camera would come on but when it went out the music would stop and sometimes and I mean just a little when using turnCam without CarPlay the camera would not shut off so I will just wait to use this feature on a later relaease

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I got my .6 update to work but I am noticing that occasionally the button doesn’t stay turned on
Oops wasn’t clear with my post. I meant the ESS button doesn’t come on some times when I start my car and also sometimes it does but turns itself off while driving.
@joe@zauto

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
What/where is the Sat etc button?

ar15rifle

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 2014 Audi A4. 2015 Fiat 500C. 1970 Ford F250
What/where is the Sat etc button?
I may be referring to it incorrectly, but it's one of the touch screen options under radio on the left side of the screen. There is an AM, FM, and SAT button options.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I stopped using TurnCam (rear camera on with turn signals) because when I used 3 blink turn, the camera would not automatically turn back off after coming on. I WILL, re-enable TurnCam (rear camera on with turn signals) when I trailer tow. I am in hopes that many that this hiccup will be worked out in a future firmware update.

@joe@zauto
I love the idea of TurnCAM but had to turn it off as it was to buggy with CarPlay, when playing music from my phone using CarPlay and changing lanes the camera would come on but when it went out the music would stop and sometimes and I mean just a little when using turnCam without CarPlay the camera would not shut off so I will just wait to use this feature on a later relaease

Yeah, seems like TurnCam wasn’t quite ready for prime time (many of us are just turning it off). Here’s to hoping .7 fixes it :)

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Noticing the same issues and turned off TurnCAM due to these as mentioned previously:

- On the turn signal cams sometimes it gets stuck on the camera screen even when the signal is turned off, this is especially prevalent when using the one touch turn signal

- After using the turn signal it flashes back to the radio screen before going back to CarPlay

- some times, not every time, after the signal cam it goes back to the radio screen and stays there, it never reverts to the CarPlay screen I was on. So when navigating with CarPlay this leaves me having to push the CarPlay button to see my map again after I signal

Also would be cool if the turn signal cams were disabled below 10 mph (or something like that) so when sitting at a light for a while stopped with your turn signal on you get your regular screens instead of the backup cam which is kind of useless when stopped

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just for the record, the turn cam hiccups are occurring for those using Android auto also. The hiccups are not with those using CarPlay.

Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I used the .6 version to set my tire size to 37. the next day I noticed it was back to 32. I changed it again, saved, booted, and checked. I was back to 32. I set it again, after reboot checked and it was set to 37. I will check again tomorrow. Is this due to the .6 version or just a weird save/reboot glitch?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I used the .6 version to set my tire size to 37. the next day I noticed it was back to 32. I changed it again, saved, booted, and checked. I was back to 32. I set it again, after reboot checked and it was set to 37. I will check again tomorrow. Is this due to the .6 version or just a weird save/reboot glitch?
I'm holding out. I haven't updtated to .6 yet due to all these issues. The version I'm on is working perfectly. I'll wait for .7 or whatever corrects these. I appreciate you guys taking the dive and identifying the bugs. I got to busy to download .6 and now I'm kind of glad.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DanW
I hear you but...

Can tell you though, that 11.0.6, is better overall, then any of the preceding firmwares.

Just because the new feature, turncam is a tad glitchy, don't think otherwise.

If you are running a TazerJL or the Tazer JL Lite, your best choice is firmware 11.0.6 and don't think otherwise..

11.0.6 has many fixes, tweaks, that the older firmware offerings do not have..

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW
I hear you but...

Can tell you though, that 11.0.6, is better overall, then any of the preceding firmwares.

Just because the new feature, turncam is a tad glitchy, don't think otherwise.

If you are running a TazerJL or the Tazer JL Lite, your best choice is firmware 11.0.6 and don't think otherwise..

11.0.6 has many fixes, tweaks, that the older firmware offerings do not have..
Ok, but like what fixes? Mine seems to be working perfectly at the moment. I do guess I could shut off the turn cam.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DanW

For one, the timing with disable ESS has been fixed. ESS turns off in say 3" versus the 10 or so seconds with the older firmware.

Also, with 11.0.6 no one using same has reported ESS not being disabled each and every time. Myself and others with past firmware had ESS occasionally not disable with each start.

Disable auto park works well with 11.0.6 . Note: Seat belt has to be fastened for disable auto park to work properly

With older firmware, a couple of features were lets call it stepping on each other ...11.0.6 those issues have been fixed.

Anyway, while not perfect, 11.0.6 is the pick of the litter firmware wise!

Yes, Turncam still needs tweaking so just don't use it, if you do not want to deal with the occasional hiccups that it has. Probably next firmware release there will be less or no quirks with that terrific feature.

Sponsored