Sponsored

Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
you can just update if using Windows.
If you’re using a Mac I suggest unmarrying as the Mac isn’t super reliable when it comes to updates.
@joe@zauto Joe - Is this still true for a Mac? Can you just disconnect, update firmware, reconnect and done?
Sponsored

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
On a Mac I’d unmarry first then upgrade. Macs have some usb driver issues that make for occasional data corruption that you definitely don’t want. Unmarrying first removes any risk.
Looks like we will have a Mac update out soon to make up for the driver issue.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
On a Mac I’d unmarry first then upgrade. Macs have some usb driver issues that make for occasional data corruption that you definitely don’t want. Unmarrying first removes any risk.
Looks like we will have a Mac update out soon to make up for the driver issue.
Thanks Joe. Was hoping :)
Last time I unmarried had to reprogram all my changes once reinstalled and was hoping not to have to go through that again. But no biggie. Thanks again

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Can anyone explain to me how to re-map a button to turn off the sway bar at any speed or any mode. I unlocked the sway bar in two wheel drive and it works no problem without any kind of programming or what not. But it says that I can re-map the cruise control positive negative or resume button to be able to unlock the sway bar and keep it unlocked at any speed. I push the right arrow and then one of those three buttons and I can’t figure out how to Remap the button.

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone explain to me how to re-map a button to turn off the sway bar at any speed or any mode. I unlocked the sway bar in two wheel drive and it works no problem without any kind of programming or what not. But it says that I can re-map the cruise control positive negative or resume button to be able to unlock the sway bar and keep it unlocked at any speed. I push the right arrow and then one of those three buttons and I can’t figure out how to Remap the button.
right arrow and the button you want to map repeatedly until you see “swaykill”
That’s it.
just need to stop before pressing it or it’ll say “swaypend” until you come to a stop when it’ll switch over to “swaykill” and do the disconnect.

Sponsored

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Joe, you are a genius!!! I tried it on the way to a store right now and it didn’t seem to work right. It kept locking once I got up to 25 and 30 miles an hour. Went into the stored and did my shopping came out and at the first stop sign I only pushed the cruise plus button. The sway bar unlocked and I took it up to 50 miles an hour and it still was unlocked! Super stoked on this! Thank you thank you thank you!

I did accidentally hit the cruise minus button on the way home and guess what, I had previously remapped it to be light show. Kind of freaked my wife out! LOL

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
right arrow and the button you want to map repeatedly until you see “swaykill”
That’s it.
just need to stop before pressing it or it’ll say “swaypend” until you come to a stop when it’ll switch over to “swaykill” and do the disconnect.
So you basically have to give up one of your three default preset keys (line lock, winch mode, rock crawl) to remap one of those for swaykill, correct? Of is there some other programmable key I'm unaware of? I'll likely just remap cruise pos (line lock) as I rarely, if ever, use that function anyway.

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I just installed the Mini on Sunday and I keep getting an Auto On/Off error message on my Jeep after a few minutes of driving. I went through the Tazer menus and didn't see any mention of Auto On/Off. Am I missing something?

2021 Rubicon if that matters.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I keep getting an Auto On/Off error message on my Jeep after a few minutes of driving. I went through the Tazer menus and didn't see any mention of Auto On/Off. Am I missing something?
What's the error?

The Tazer simply remembers the state of the Auto Stop/Start button. There's no setting to adjust. Push the button on the dash to turn it off and Auto Stop/Start stays off and vice versa.

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just installed the Mini on Sunday and I keep getting an Auto On/Off error message on my Jeep after a few minutes of driving. I went through the Tazer menus and didn't see any mention of Auto On/Off. Am I missing something?

2021 Rubicon if that matters.
Please contact us via the text number on the website, I’d like to help figure this out. That shouldn’t happen, though I can’t even make sense of that message.

Sponsored

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Here are the pictures, first is right at start, the error lights come on after 3-4 miles.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer! onoff1
Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer! onoff2

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Here are the pictures, first is right at start, the error lights come on after 3-4 miles.
It is possible that this is a Tazer issue, but that error is common in the JL.

I suggest having both of your batteries tested, as that error is a good indicator that one or both batteries are bad. The batteries in the JL don't last long and, given that you have a 2018, you may very well be due for new batteries.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
It is possible that this is a Tazer issue, but that error is common in the JL.

I suggest having both of your batteries tested, as that error is a good indicator that one or both batteries are bad. The batteries in the JL don't last long and, given that you have a 2018, you may very well be due for new batteries.
Agree. Easy to remove Tazer to eliminate as suspect. I’ve had my Tazer in use for three years and it works perfectly. I can’t say the same for my batteries… AUX was replaced under warranty at which point I decided to bypass it, then the main failed and I replaced with a Northstar.

My money is on this having nothing to do with Tazer.

@beast40 text Joe like he asked. He’s not going to debug this in a forum thread.

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope nope...
It’s a manual transmission. You probably put tires 33” or bigger. When you do that, you need to do the 6th gear relearn procedure or you’ll get an ESS error when you get it I 6th...
I’ll find a link to it, I see now it’s missing from my website!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Status