Sponsored

Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
turn off NavInMo, that’s what can cause the reboots of the uconnect.
Joe, I have really enjoyed the Tazer, yet I am getting many reboots. What is NavInMo? I don't think I have that turned on, but I will check. Are there any other options which cause reboots? I do not use any live features right now, but I do still have it plugged in.

I will be going to the dealer for the last free Jeep Wave oil change, so I will unmarry. I do want to restore settings once they are done, so I thought asking if you have a minumum set of features to stick to, to see if the reboots stop. So far, tire size and TPMS are my needs.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@WranglerAz

Nav In Motion can be a problem child ...

Regarding Nav in Motion...

It allows in motion use of Nav....allows you to enter info, enter destinations, etc., in regard to Nav while your JL is moving..

You should turn it on before you leave for your destination and turn it off, say just before you get to your destination. To turn Nav in Motion on or off takes mere button pushes.

You ask "what happens" ...... well, if you leave it on and then shut the JL off, you may come back to your JL and find the battery(s) are dead... Because the computer kept rebooting repeatedly, til your batteries are depleted.

Always, turn off Nav In Motion, well before your destination.

Rare that this would happen but.... Can tell you I believe it happened to me months ago and to a couple of other's, so that was why the caveat to turn In Motion, off when not in use was born.

?'s
... are you leaving your fob in your JL, 24/7 ...
... are you running the most current Tazer JL firmware...

By the way, IF you are using no Live Features, you are much better off, leaving the Tazer JL married and then disconnecting the Tazer JL hardware.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@WranglerAz

?'s
... are you leaving your fob in your JL, 24/7 ...
... are you running the most current Tazer JL firmware...

By the way, IF you are using no Live Features, you are much better off, leaving the Tazer JL married and then disconnecting the Tazer JL hardware.
Thanks for the great information. I am using latest firmware, and realized I do have ESS turned off, which I believe needs the Tazer connected. I will double check other features, such as navinmo.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the great information. I am using latest firmware, and realized I do have ESS turned off, which I believe needs the Tazer connected. I will double check other features, such as navinmo.
@WranglerAz

Yes, ESS is a Live Feature and you will need to keep Tazer JL hardware attached.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@WranglerAz

Yes, ESS is a Live Feature and you will need to keep Tazer JL hardware attached.
I found I did have NavInMo turned on, I think this happened when I tried to turn on the backup cam with turn signals. It is off now, and unmarried for the oil change. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I found I did have NavInMo turned on, I think this happened when I tried to turn on the backup cam with turn signals. It is off now, and unmarried for the oil change. Thanks for your help.

BINGO! Nav In Motion was causing those reboots you mentioned. Glad you know now...

By the way, I believe in the Tazer JL instructions it mentions, do not leave Nav in Motion enabled all the time as you did.. I fell victim to Nav In Motion also.... but before Joe knew, Nav In Motion was a once he heard of my issue, he added warning to the instructions.

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
Absolutely love the wiring harness. Worked perfectly. Am using the factory switches with the aftermarket UD60’s and the elocker. Thank you Z Automotive! Absolutely love my Tazer Mini

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer! 058789F8-45C2-4A4C-90E8-B9213F6A7769

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer! D3A4908C-B692-48C7-AA10-BC12CCEFB1F5

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer! FCB9C162-4DC5-43E4-9A76-D9B883E66789

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ok guys I need your help. I went to turn off the in motion nav and set a winch rpm and I decided that I might as well do a full reboot. When I went to start the jeep after turning it off it wouldn’t start. I unmarried the tazer and removed it. Still nothing. disconnected the batteries and let it sit for about 10 min and the. I was able to finally start the Jeep. I now have two setting on the climate control hi-low and the SXM is gone and so is the off-road pages.
i remember reading something about this in a different thread but now I cant find it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok guys I need your help. I went to turn off the in motion nav and set a winch rpm and I decided that I might as well do a full reboot. When I went to start the jeep after turning it off it wouldn’t start. I unmarried the tazer and removed it. Still nothing. disconnected the batteries and let it sit for about 10 min and the. I was able to finally start the Jeep. I now have two setting on the climate control hi-low and the SXM is gone and so is the off-road pages.
i remember reading something about this in a different thread but now I cant find it.
@KansasJL

After a couple / few times of starting and turning off your JL, all should go back to normal.

IF you want to speed up lets say the return of Off Road Pages, and Sirius XM, just pull fuse F97 RADIO/TBM 20 Amp Yellow Micro while your JL is running. Wait 15 sec. and then put the fuse back in.
Pulling F97, reboots UConnect and you should see ORP an XM again.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks a million! Will that fix the climate control system as well?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks a million! Will that fix the climate control system as well?
The F97 will probably only get the UConnect related shit in gear so to speak. Like the ORP and XM. The other stuff you are seeing should rectify itself after some start stops, some driving.

Once things work out, reinstall/remarry your Tazer JL.. IF you don't use Live features, then leave married but pull the Tazer JL hardware.

WISE move you turned off Nav in Motion.

There is a little learning curve with the Tazer JL and similar programmer's. After awhile you will learn how to deal witth / work with.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had the Tazer for about a year and this is the first issue I have had with it. I can wait for the SXM and Offeoad Pages but the climate control being stuck like it is is a major bummer. Going out of town this weekend and the lady normally has her side set about 10 degrees warmer then my side.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just went and checked and everything is back to normal with the exception of the off-road pages. I can live with this and I’m hoping the off-road pages return soon.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just went and checked and everything is back to normal with the exception of the off-road pages. I can live with this and I’m hoping the off-road pages return soon.
@KansasJL

I was confident all would go back to normal after a few on / off cycles of your JL.

As for your ORP, do pull Fuse 97 like I mentioned, and undoubtedly your ORP will be back, right after the F97 pull.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Everything is back to normal and once I install the duel battery kit the tazer will be getting reinstalled. Thanks for all the help
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.