Sponsored

Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Sorry if this has been covered already, but I looked through the thread and did not come across this question being asked.

I have a JLUS and I am going to be putting Rubicon axles in it and planning to use the Mopar locker harness for both axles. Factory harness is a four wire setup while the Mopar harness is a two wire for simple power and ground. The directions show to use the aux switch bank to power them.

I see my Tazer has enable front and rear lockers as an option but is this saying that I can use the Rubicon locker switch in my JLUS? If so, how would the Mopar harness get wired into that switch? My understanding is the plug for the Rubicon switch is behind the dash already. I'm not sure if this is the intended function in the Tazer, or if it is to disable the locker system for axle swaps to something non factory (versus the way imo going about it). I really want the clean factory install and not have to use up two of my aux switches to power them. But in the same instance, the aux switches will allow use in 2Hi and 4Hi unlike the factory system. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Sorry if this has been covered already, but I looked through the thread and did not come across this question being asked.

I have a JLUS and I am going to be putting Rubicon axles in it and planning to use the Mopar locker harness for both axles. Factory harness is a four wire setup while the Mopar harness is a two wire for simple power and ground. The directions show to use the aux switch bank to power them.

I see my Tazer has enable front and rear lockers as an option but is this saying that I can use the Rubicon locker switch in my JLUS? If so, how would the Mopar harness get wired into that switch? My understanding is the plug for the Rubicon switch is behind the dash already. I'm not sure if this is the intended function in the Tazer, or if it is to disable the locker system for axle swaps to something non factory (versus the way imo going about it). I really want the clean factory install and not have to use up two of my aux switches to power them. But in the same instance, the aux switches will allow use in 2Hi and 4Hi unlike the factory system. Thanks in advance.
ditch the mopar harness. Get the Z-Locker adapter from z automotive. This is plug and play from your factory harness to the aftermarket locker. You retain using the factory locker switches, lights,dash messages and all.
because of the Tazer you can use them in 4Hi and RWD as well.

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait you have a sport. Different story. You not only need the switches but the DTCM and associated wiring to make it all “factory”.
we are working on another solution that allows the factory switches and messages... not out yet though.

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Wait you have a sport. Different story. You not only need the switches but the DTCM and associated wiring to make it all “factory”.
we are working on another solution that allows the factory switches and messages... not out yet though.
Hey Joe, that is correct. I have a Sport looking to put the Rubicon switch in place for an OE fit and finish. Would it be possible to wire up the Rubicon switch entirely separate from the Jeep's system to power the two lockers?

Sponsored

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
Anyone using the locker harness yet? Any feedback? Hopefully they are in stock and can ship ASAP.

My UD60’s will be here on the 21st and I’d really like to use this setup and not have to use a SPod to make the elockers work.

arok99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Is it possible to add auto windows down when you hit the unlock twice quickly. In the heat of the summer this would be a great feature.
I was wondering the same, or maybe holding down the unlock button on the key fob will roll down all windows. I had this feature in both my wife's MDX and my BMW. It was a nice feature during this heat.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I've had soo much fun with this thing. Really a complete solution.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I was wondering the same, or maybe holding down the unlock button on the key fob will roll down all windows. I had this feature in both my wife's MDX and my BMW. It was a nice feature during this heat.
According to the wiring diagrams, the power window system isn't on any CAN or other communication network, so I don't see how that functionality could be added.

Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
joe@zauto a quick question, I purchased a mini light for TPMS and tire size. I have no need to keep it installed. do I just unplug it? from what I've read and understand if I un-marry it it will reset to factory defaults. Correct? One of the main reason's why I unplugged it is that about 2 weeks after installing the Tazer, after about a min the vehicle running my Uconnect would restart multiple times while driving, the Tazer was the only thing was different from before and since unplugging I haven't had any issues.
No regrets on my purchase as I do enjoy the product and plan upgrading to the full light when/if my upgrades require it.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
joe@zauto a quick question, I purchased a mini light for TPMS and tire size. I have no need to keep it installed. do I just unplug it? from what I've read and understand if I un-marry it it will reset to factory defaults. Correct? One of the main reason's why I unplugged it is that about 2 weeks after installing the Tazer, after about a min the vehicle running my Uconnect would restart multiple times while driving, the Tazer was the only thing was different from before and since unplugging I haven't had any issues.
No regrets on my purchase as I do enjoy the product and plan upgrading to the full light when/if my upgrades require it.
yes sir you just unplug it but leave it “married” as you stated if you unmarry it will go back to default settings or that’s the way it was when I ran a Tazer but I don’t run one anymore, I do wish there was a way just to lower my TPMS setting as that’s really all I need

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
turn off NavInMo, that’s what can cause the reboots of the uconnect.

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
I received my Tazer mini two days after I ordered it....took 5 minutes to install. Fantastic product! I can't wait to use more of the options. Thanks!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.