Sponsored

Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I was doing some reading on install and updating software and glitches encountered... I'm honestly a little afraid to install it now. I have a '19 JLUR that is my daily driver. .
We have had ours running for a month now with the latest update and have had zero issues if that helps give a bit of reassurance. :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
We have had ours running for a month now with the latest update and have had zero issues if that helps give a bit of reassurance. :fingerscrossed:
Ha. That does actually. Thanks dude. I'm trying to decide if I want to update to the latest. I'm probably going to leave on 11.1.4 because for now, I'm not planning on using any of the live functions.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
That’s a new one. Horn wasn’t honking? Do you have Panic turned off? If so, maybe it’s the hood alarm triggering. You can disable the hood alarm in the new firmware, try that.

Only other thing is keyfob activation but that requires a certain sequence which is unlikely to be hit by accident.

My feeling is the hood alarm, perhaps and hood switch is causing it.
I turned it off with the update and just tried setting it off with no results. The horn was not going off, it was just the light show. I will monitor and report back. Thanks for the response Joe. :like:

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
So purchased a Tazer JL Mini. It actually arrives today. I've been debating getting one for a while. Originally for the TPMS. My larger tires were adjusted by the dealer before I purchased. Then, I'm looking to re-gear in the future and was told I would need Tazer (or similar) to adjust gear ratio. Then, last weekend, I installed my aux switches and need to activate. So in short, I ordered a unit and it arrives today.

I was doing some reading on install and updating software and glitches encountered... I'm honestly a little afraid to install it now. I have a '19 JLUR that is my daily driver. I have had virtually zero issues with it since purchased and approaching 15000 miles. I honestly don't want to create issues where I have none. I can't tell from the hundreds of posts if people with glitchy uconnect are having more glitchy issues. Or if its intall error. Or if they're using outdated or beta versions. But the whole vehicle is basically ran by the computer. I'm having second thoughts.
I am running my Tazer in my 18 and my question to Joe about the light show is the first issue I have had. It has been a solid buy for me and would do it again.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am running my Tazer in my 18 and my question to Joe about the light show is the first issue I have had. It has been a solid buy for me and would do it again.
Thanks Billy. I think like Joe told me, the only info to read are issues people are having and not the rest of the people with zero issues. Thank you for the reassurance.

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a question... what does the option of activating the towing mode do??? I saw it was in the list of features but it’s not in the instructions where it explains the features. When scrolling through the other category I found it and changed to yes. I recently installed the Mopar hitch and wiring that was working fine. Does it effect something else or activate more features? Thanks.

Stroz1028

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally got to install my tazer lite. Now I dont have my xm statelite button on travel link. I unmarried it and it still hasn't come back. Any idea how to fix this issue. I did the full reboot as well.

Saltytostitos

First Name
Sean L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR - Bubbles
Occupation
FCA Dealer
I honestly don't want to create issues where I have none. I can't tell from the hundreds of posts if people with glitchy uconnect are having more glitchy issues. Or if its intall error. Or if they're using outdated or beta versions. But the whole vehicle is basically ran by the computer. I'm having second thoughts.
Quite honestly, the uConnect issues themselves are plentiful and pretty annoying. Been extremely happy with my tazer. Updated and remarried many times and had zero issues. Just be sure to follow recommendations from Z auto.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Quite honestly, the uConnect issues themselves are plentiful and pretty annoying. Been extremely happy with my tazer. Updated and remarried many times and had zero issues. Just be sure to follow recommendations from Z auto.
The Tazer has been a life saver with the reboot capability, for sure.

I swore there was a "light" reboot you could do and not just the "full" reboot. Am I imagining things or is it in there somewhere? I haven't been able to find it.

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
To be honest, I probably would not buy it if doing it again. The only thing, for me, that works is the ESS kill which is great in itself and probably worth it just for that.

The only 2 other things I use are to set a lower psi on the tpms, but first of all, its limited to 25psi for some reason and second, it doesn't work. I have it set to 25 both front and back and If I air down to 30 and cycle stop/start it gives me warnings to air back up to 37.

The other thing I'd like to use is the sway bar disconnect and lockers in 2wd and 4hi. As anyone can attest from this forum is that I tried everything to make it work and its still really buggy so I end up just going to 4lo when I need those.

What bugs me most is the sporadic and inneficient support. Joe or zautomotive in general are quick to reply at first but tend to dismiss issues if they can't reproduce and just stop replying unless you push them.

Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Same for me :like:

Well, I don't use all the functions either!

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Having an issue with my Tazer JL where the ESS disable isn't sticking. What's also strange is that when I first update the firmware, I can use the Turn Camera feature even though I have the 7-inch non-alpine system. But, it stops after a restart or two. The dash screen still displays the backup camera message when the blinker's on, but the screen doesn't change.

I'm also still experiencing an occasional screen flicker.

The priority is getting the Tazer JL to work with ESS again, but I'd really like the Turn Camera to work, and to get rid of the screen flicker, too. Anyone else have these issues and overcome them with the latest firmware (11.2.1)?

Thanks!

Danny123000

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
With the Tazer once I disable auto stop start and change my tire size can I unplug it and keep those settings? I don’t want to have the CEL for the security module.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Having an issue with my Tazer JL where the ESS disable isn't sticking. What's also strange is that when I first update the firmware, I can use the Turn Camera feature even though I have the 7-inch non-alpine system. But, it stops after a restart or two. The dash screen still displays the backup camera message when the blinker's on, but the screen doesn't change.

I'm also still experiencing an occasional screen flicker.

The priority is getting the Tazer JL to work with ESS again, but I'd really like the Turn Camera to work, and to get rid of the screen flicker, too. Anyone else have these issues and overcome them with the latest firmware (11.2.1)?

Thanks!
Responding to my own post in case anyone else has these issues and needs a fix.

There's a full reset option available on the Z Automotive website that re-flashes the Tazer JL back to the original firmware. It's on the same page as the Tazer JL update download section, on the right hand side of the page towards the bottom. The directions provided are very clear, so I won't repeat those here.

After a successful reset, simply re-apply the latest firmware, marry the refreshed Tazer JL and follow the Full Reboot procedures precisely. Also, if you have a manual transmission, there's an addendum right under the regular instructions on Z Automotive's website. There's a special procedure necessary when changing the tire size.

Performing the re-flash, re-marrying, full-reboot, and applying the manual transmission addendum's instructions fixed the issues I was dealing with, where a number of features just weren't working. This is actually the first time, in a very long time, that every feature has worked.

Oddly, the Camera On Turn feature (when the left/right blinker is on) occasionally pauses my music, though I'm just happy everything else is working again.

Hope this helps other that run into similar issues.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.