Sponsored

Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So I thought I had 11.1.5 but it turned out I was running 11.1.8.. Anyway, I updated to 11.2.0 and tried it out and it is still doing the same thing. Midway through the video, I went into 4L to show it locks/unlocks fine. Since a video is worth a thousand words, here it is:

I don't know if it's due to the pandemic but Z Automotive sure aren't supportive. So I went through the release notes of the versions and noticed there were changes made to the locker algorithm in 11.1.6 and 11.1.8 so I went ahead and downgraded to 11.1.5 and lo and behold lockers work in 2wd and 4hi.
Sponsored

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Trying to retain support - I’m the only one in the office, support staff working from home... but it’s hard to make sure they’re ACTUALLY putting in the time so a lot falls on me.
Such is life. This pandemic sure put a wrench in the works.
Anyway, best bet for getting in touch with me is always via text. Staff handles the emails and FB messenger.
I handle PM’s here but I’m not looking daily here.

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Trying to retain support - I’m the only one in the office, support staff working from home... but it’s hard to make sure they’re ACTUALLY putting in the time so a lot falls on me.
Such is life. This pandemic sure put a wrench in the works.
Anyway, best bet for getting in touch with me is always via text. Staff handles the emails and FB messenger.
I handle PM’s here but I’m not looking daily here.
Understood. So I went ahead and tried 11.1.6 which is where the issue starts, everything after is the same even beta 11.2.1 . One thing I noticed while testing is that the lockers DO lock but the display shows the flashing icon but never actually unlocks.... I waited a while, drove a bit but they never unlocked. Just to be clear, here's a video:

Offroadff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Understood. So I went ahead and tried 11.1.6 which is where the issue starts, everything after is the same even beta 11.2.1 . One thing I noticed while testing is that the lockers DO lock but the display shows the flashing icon but never actually unlocks.... I waited a while, drove a bit but they never unlocked. Just to be clear, here's a video:

I too just updated from 11.10 to 11.20. I noticed now that when operating the axle locks in 2H & 4H, the small axle lock icon on the dash and the LED lights on the axle lock switchs do not indicate correct axle status. However, if I bring up the offroad screen on the dash or the offroad pages on the Uconnect and put it to the axle/swaybar status diagram, it does correctly indicate the axles being locked or unlocked.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
What's the real information?

The ideal would be to check if indeed the axles are blocked or not and thus see if the information visible in the "off road" sign is right or not. In any case one of the two information is false!

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Morning all, I had an issue with my Tazer Lightshow turning on by itself and I couldn’t shut it off without removing the unit. Quick story, I drove to a buddy’s to help him with his Jeep, shut off mine 10 minutes later jump in to leave and my lightshow is on and the dash said updating. I pulled over gave it a few minutes but it never changed so I just pulled the unit. When I went home I plugged it back in to unmarry and it was ok but I still did an update on it, well it did it again. I opened the Jeep to get something out of it and it just started on its own again. This time I started it and shut it off to clear it. Joe have you had any reports of anything like this happening or has anyone else heard of anything like this. Thanks everyone

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Morning all, I had an issue with my Tazer Lightshow turning on by itself and I couldn’t shut it off without removing the unit. Quick story, I drove to a buddy’s to help him with his Jeep, shut off mine 10 minutes later jump in to leave and my lightshow is on and the dash said updating. I pulled over gave it a few minutes but it never changed so I just pulled the unit. When I went home I plugged it back in to unmarry and it was ok but I still did an update on it, well it did it again. I opened the Jeep to get something out of it and it just started on its own again. This time I started it and shut it off to clear it. Joe have you had any reports of anything like this happening or has anyone else heard of anything like this. Thanks everyone
That’s a new one. Horn wasn’t honking? Do you have Panic turned off? If so, maybe it’s the hood alarm triggering. You can disable the hood alarm in the new firmware, try that.

Only other thing is keyfob activation but that requires a certain sequence which is unlikely to be hit by accident.

My feeling is the hood alarm, perhaps and hood switch is causing it.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So purchased a Tazer JL Mini. It actually arrives today. I've been debating getting one for a while. Originally for the TPMS. My larger tires were adjusted by the dealer before I purchased. Then, I'm looking to re-gear in the future and was told I would need Tazer (or similar) to adjust gear ratio. Then, last weekend, I installed my aux switches and need to activate. So in short, I ordered a unit and it arrives today.

I was doing some reading on install and updating software and glitches encountered... I'm honestly a little afraid to install it now. I have a '19 JLUR that is my daily driver. I have had virtually zero issues with it since purchased and approaching 15000 miles. I honestly don't want to create issues where I have none. I can't tell from the hundreds of posts if people with glitchy uconnect are having more glitchy issues. Or if its intall error. Or if they're using outdated or beta versions. But the whole vehicle is basically ran by the computer. I'm having second thoughts.

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So purchased a Tazer JL Mini. It actually arrives today. I've been debating getting one for a while. Originally for the TPMS. My larger tires were adjusted by the dealer before I purchased. Then, I'm looking to re-gear in the future and was told I would need Tazer (or similar) to adjust gear ratio. Then, last weekend, I installed my aux switches and need to activate. So in short, I ordered a unit and it arrives today.

I was doing some reading on install and updating software and glitches encountered... I'm honestly a little afraid to install it now. I have a '19 JLUR that is my daily driver. I have had virtually zero issues with it since purchased and approaching 15000 miles. I honestly don't want to create issues where I have none. I can't tell from the hundreds of posts if people with glitchy uconnect are having more glitchy issues. Or if its intall error. Or if they're using outdated or beta versions. But the whole vehicle is basically ran by the computer. I'm having second thoughts.
Mae have tens of thousands of these out there. Very few issues, though that’s of course what you see posted. Very very little risk.
You can use that Tazer out of the box, it has 11.1.4 installed by us. You can update it, 11.2.0 is a solid firmware as well.
If you run into any issues, just text the number on our contact us page, I’ll respond usually quickly, all hours of the day and evening.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Mae have tens of thousands of these out there. Very few issues, though that’s of course what you see posted. Very very little risk.
You can use that Tazer out of the box, it has 11.1.4 installed by us. You can update it, 11.2.0 is a solid firmware as well.
If you run into any issues, just text the number on our contact us page, I’ll respond usually quickly, all hours of the day and evening.
I'm a few updates back. Do I need to unmarry to update or just remove the unit and update?

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Joe. This is actually VERY reassuring. I really appreciate you responding.

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a few updates back. Do I need to unmarry to update or just remove the unit and update?
you can just update if using Windows.
If you’re using a Mac I suggest unmarrying as the Mac isn’t super reliable when it comes to updates.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you can just update if using Windows.
If you’re using a Mac I suggest unmarrying as the Mac isn’t super reliable when it comes to updates.
Joe, when does someone "need" to update? Only if issues arise? or if they want a newly released feature? When you responding to me you said I could leave it on 11.1.4. I was just looking through the later firmware versions and didn't see anything specifically relevant to me. Or even down the road, do I want to make sure I'm updating once a year for example or only when I need to? Thanks.

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Joe, when does someone "need" to update? Only if issues arise? or if they want a newly released feature? When you responding to me you said I could leave it on 11.1.4. I was just looking through the later firmware versions and didn't see anything specifically relevant to me. Or even down the road, do I want to make sure I'm updating once a year for example or only when I need to? Thanks.
no need to, it’s just if you see something relevant.
The only significant improvement after 11.1.4 was I made ESS off fully reliable, where in 11.1.4 every once in a while it wouldn’t successfully turn off ESS (if you’re using this function). Everything else added are additional features that may it may not be of interest.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Hey Joe.!

Question... is it possible to add a feature on the Tazer JL Mini that allows to "disconnect" the electronic sway bar?.. see.. I have a 2018 Sport Unlimited... I recently bought an electronic sway bar disconnect.. I know this smart bar uses CAN Bus to operate.. and of course... my Sport has no way to generate the proper data on the CAN Bus to command the sway bar to disconnect since my poor Sport doesn't even have a "sway bar" switch .. I can buy a Mopar 56046716AC switch kit that includes the sway bar button.. but !! ... that thing uses LIN Bus.. so I have no idea that even if I connect it to the LIN Bus if my Sport is going to have the proper intelligence / firmware, etc. to generate the packets on the CAN Bus to command the sway bar to disconnect..most probably have to reflash to add that feature.. but I am unwilling to do that.. :)

Thanks!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.