Sponsored

Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Another issue

brake hold

it works but throws up an ABS fault ?
doesn’t work if brakes on as you are stopping then brake hard, need to lift then brake hard
Also if ESS is on this is the sequence;
Brake hard >2secs
Engine off
Brakes on
foot of Pedal
Engine starts

so the last bit you don’t want until you hit the gas again.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer! 437B7E24-A90F-470A-B18F-06E428BF8F90
Sponsored

coachgrinnan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Another issue

brake hold

doesn’t work if brakes on as you are stopping then brake hard, need to lift then brake hard
Brake hard >2secs
Engine off
Brakes on
foot of Pedal
Engine starts

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer! 437B7E24-A90F-470A-B18F-06E428BF8F90
This happened to me yesterday in a a drive through. I just updated it. I was sitting waiting for my food, and stretched, I pressed the brake in a bit harder. The back lot up like a Christmas tree. Reading this I now know what happened.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
This happened to me yesterday in a a drive through. I just updated it. I was sitting waiting for my food, and stretched, I pressed the brake in a bit harder. The back lot up like a Christmas tree. Reading this I now know what happened.
The back lot? Typo? Did you mean brake light?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Did it quit doing that when you turned off the feature?
it resets once you drive off so it does work.

the bit wrong is the ABS fault lights up. (and presumably logs in the event file?)

Have emailed Z automation and pointed them at this thread but....... :(

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Another issue

brake hold

Brake hard >2secs
Engine off
Brakes on
foot of Pedal
Engine starts

not getting any response on this, have asked on the official site as well?

anybody know Joe to give a little prod?

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
The ABS fault message I tried to blank but the instrument cluster wont let me. It's not in fault state; its a temporary diagnostic mode where I'm able to hold brake pressure. No harm, any ABS command will flag that warning. There is no event log for diagnostics so nothing is saved there.

As for ESS, when the engine is off and I send an ABS command, the Jeep starts; I don't have a way around that either currently, and I can't try to get around it as I don't have a test Jeep with ESS (I have a 392 and a 4XE)

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
The ABS fault message I tried to blank but the instrument cluster wont let me. It's not in fault state; its a temporary diagnostic mode where I'm able to hold brake pressure. No harm, any ABS command will flag that warning. There is no event log for diagnostics so nothing is saved there.

As for ESS, when the engine is off and I send an ABS command, the Jeep starts; I don't have a way around that either currently, and I can't try to get around it as I don't have a test Jeep with ESS (I have a 392 and a 4XE)
cheers Joe, have ESS turned of now so no biggie.

Overkill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.camaroheaven.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon; 2018 JLU Sahara; 2002 TJ Sport; 2005 GMC 2500HD; 1969 Camaro (blue); 1969 Camaro (red); 1974 Chevrolet Cheyenne K20
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase

I had my 2.0 BSG Rubicon lose pedal a couple of times where the pedal went all the way to the floor. So, I turned the feature off because that was a little scary to me. Is that normal also or am I the only one that has had that happen? I liked the feature, but the dash lights combined with the pedal going to the floor made me fear it would damage the Jeep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
joe@zauto

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Brake hold, when active, holds pressure to the brakes while relieving pressure when you apply them; which makes the pedal feel “soft” while the ABS system holds the brakes for you. Since the valves are holding fluid pressure to the calipers and blocking pedal pressure, the pedal fluid has nowhere to go so has to be relieved

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Brake hold, when active, holds pressure to the brakes while relieving pressure when you apply them; which makes the pedal feel “soft” while the ABS system holds the brakes for you. Since the valves are holding fluid pressure to the calipers and blocking pedal pressure, the pedal fluid has nowhere to go so has to be relieved
it has let go a couple of times , which is a bit worrying!

shellback

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Recently purchased a 2020 Rubicon 3.6L (Auto) and it has the Tazer Mini installed, firmware 11.2.5

Just starting to learn about the Tazer and the settings but the gear ratio threw me off. I believe it still has the stock 4.10 gears, but not sure how to verify.

What are the pros/cons of changing the gear ratio? Mine was set at 4.88 (Low 4.00)

I need to verify the actual tire measurement as well, setting 35.51, with 37" Mickey Thompsons.

When I go by the auto-radar speed traps the speedometer is only off by about 1 mph so possibly the settings are correct.

Other settings: Locker both, Front axle disconnect NO, Sway bar yes.

I'm sure it's been covered before, but hoping for a quick answer or a point in the right direction, rather than searching and reading for hours.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Recently purchased a 2020 Rubicon 3.6L (Auto) and it has the Tazer Mini installed, firmware 11.2.5

Just starting to learn about the Tazer and the settings but the gear ratio threw me off. I believe it still has the stock 4.10 gears, but not sure how to verify.

What are the pros/cons of changing the gear ratio? Mine was set at 4.88 (Low 4.00)

I need to verify the actual tire measurement as well, setting 35.51, with 37" Mickey Thompsons.

When I go by the auto-radar speed traps the speedometer is only off by about 1 mph so possibly the settings are correct.

Other settings: Locker both, Front axle disconnect NO, Sway bar yes.

I'm sure it's been covered before, but hoping for a quick answer or a point in the right direction, rather than searching and reading for hours.
Do you know the previous owner? You will want to leave the low range ratio alone. It is correct. You need to determine if the previous owner changed the rings/pinions. If already set at 4.88, then I'd bet that's what is in there. But you'll want to be sure before messing with that ratio on the Tazer.

We can figure it out if you have no way to contact the previous owner. Just tell us the transmission, tire size, and rpm at a set highway speed in top gear, say 70 or 75mph. Verify the speedo is accurate by using your phone, too. That'll be critical. If you have a manual transmission, I'll be able to help easily. If an auto, we'll defer to someone here with an auto and same size tires, same gear, same speed.

shellback

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Do you know the previous owner? You will want to leave the low range ratio alone. It is correct. You need to determine if the previous owner changed the rings/pinions. If already set at 4.88, then I'd bet that's what is in there. But you'll want to be sure before messing with that ratio on the Tazer.

We can figure it out if you have no way to contact the previous owner. Just tell us the transmission, tire size, and rpm at a set highway speed in top gear, say 70 or 75mph. Verify the speedo is accurate by using your phone, too. That'll be critical. If you have a manual transmission, I'll be able to help easily. If an auto, we'll defer to someone here with an auto and same size tires, same gear, same speed.
I don't know the previous owner, unfortunately. It was a trade in at a dealer.

It's an Auto transmission, Mickey Thompson 37" tires (measured at 35 3/4"). I'm taking a run in the Jeep in a few and will see about RPM and speed.

The speedometer does seem pretty accurate when comparing it to highway radar signs that flash your MPH.

Thank you! Really appreciate the help!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.