Sponsored

Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
the gear size goes back to default. I just did it to mine. when service is through, just marry them back up and set accordingly.
Alright cool, didnt know if it would screw anything up if they tried ro drive it like that.
Sponsored

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK, Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
nah you're fine- what gears and tires just for conversation?

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Does anyone know that if with a Tazer you can program the passenger heated seats to come on with remote start?

Also do you know if you can change the setting with the Tazer to have remote start automatically turn on your heated seats and steering wheel at a high degrees outside than whatever stock is. (Think it only activates heated seats and steering wheel at 35 degrees or colder). I’d like to change that to 45 degrees.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
nah you're fine- what gears and tires just for conversation?
I have 35 stts, no gearing yet. But very soon. Going to run 4.56. Been thinking its a good ratio for the 8 speed. What do you have? Was also thinking about throwing a torq locker in the front but i dunno if thatd be worth it or not.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Does anyone know that if with a Tazer you can program the passenger heated seats to come on with remote start?

Also do you know if you can change the setting with the Tazer to have remote start automatically turn on your heated seats and steering wheel at a high degrees outside than whatever stock is. (Think it only activates heated seats and steering wheel at 35 degrees or colder). I’d like to change that to 45 degrees.
@Muddog

Tazer JL cannot do either.

Sponsored

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have 35 stts, no gearing yet. But very soon. Going to run 4.56. Been thinking its a good ratio for the 8 speed. What do you have? Was also thinking about throwing a torq locker in the front but i dunno if thatd be worth it or not.

Nice!

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running 4.88 with my bfg 39s. they run small.... you take the tire size you want, multiple by the gear ratio you have. Then divide that number by the tire size that came on the vehicle. My math was 4.86875 lol so I went with 4.88. BTW I see 8th gear all the time on the Hwy at 80 mph. I just took the tazer and told it my tire size was a 37.75 and my speedo is off by 1-2 mph. Good enough for me!

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running 4.88 with my bfg 39s. they run small.... you take the tire size you want, multiple by the gear ratio you have. Then divide that number by the tire size that came on the vehicle. My math was 4.86875 lol so I went with 4.88. BTW I see 8th gear all the time on the Hwy at 80 mph. I just took the tazer and told it my tire size was a 37.75 and my speedo is off by 1-2 mph. Good enough for me!
I dont get that math lol only cuz it gives me a different ratio depending on stock gears. Being a sport i have the 3.45 or whatever and rubi has 4.10. if i had 4.10 its closer to 4.56 but 3.45 is closer to 3.77, and thats still too tall i think. But glad it worked out thats a big tire! Thats what im trying to do is get my 8th back, i rarely see 7th and 8th. Unless i have a tailwind, downhill, on an ice slick.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, you guys with the original Tazer JL will surely like this. For $39.95 you no longer have to fool with getting up to those friggin gateway connectors!

Goodbye Tazer JL companion gateway module.

https://zautomotive.com/product/obdii-t-harness-long/

Also, Joe has another new offering that will be dropped in a week or so... I know that offering will also give a lot of Tazer JL owner's a Woodie.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well, you guys with the original Tazer JL will surely like this. For $39.95 you no longer have to fool with getting up to those friggin gateway connectors!

Also, Joe has another new offering that will be dropped in a week or so... I know that offering will also give a lot of Tazer JL owner's a Woodie.
That looks interesting! I’d like to see the installation instructions. Also, it says it doesn’t work with the radio so no in motion nav or turn cam but I wonder about the cargo cam setting?

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU

I will stick with what I have. You would think/hope that the original buyers would get some love since we signed on during the start up and birth of the JL Tazer

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@BostonBilly one would think, I remember ordering my Tazer Jl ( original ) and less than a week after running it the one piece unit hit the site, needless to say I was alittle unhappy and not because I had the Tazer as I love the features it’s because I was never offered either one and I’m thinking when I got mine the one piece was ready to go.

For a brief time I thought about selling it to simplify as it’s one less thing to remove but it would have been a less so I just kept what I have, if I had to do it over I would have purchased the mini but I think the lite came after the original then the mini

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BostonBilly one would think, I remember ordering my Tazer Jl ( original ) and less than a week after running it the one piece unit hit the site, needless to say I was alittle unhappy and not because I had the Tazer as I love the features it’s because I was never offered either one and I’m thinking when I got mine the one piece was ready to go.

For a brief time I thought about selling it to simplify as it’s one less thing to remove but it would have been a less so I just kept what I have, if I had to do it over I would have purchased the mini but I think the lite came after the original then the mini
Yeah, yeah, yeah.. and now with the release of this OBDII T- Harness, guys that bought the Mini will be having seconds thoughts.... and saying ..... similar... that had they known about this harness they would have.....

As far as "original buyers would get some love since we signed on during the start up and birth of the JL Tazer" and this $39.95 product offering, well, at $39.95 how would there be room so to speak to discount it..

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Yeah, yeah, yeah.. and now with the release of this OBDII T- Harness, guys that bought the Mini will be having seconds thoughts.... and saying ..... similar... that had they known about this harness they would have.....

As far as "original buyers would get some love since we signed on during the start up and birth of the JL Tazer" and this $39.95 product offering, well, at $39.95 how would there be room so to speak to discount it..

I am not here to debate with you about this, I have no idea what the overhead is in making this new harness and unless you do and are willing to let us know, we can't really debate it anyway. I made a statement that I stand by and I think there are probably others that feel similar. You dont have to feel obligated to respond to every post about the Tazer

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BostonBilly

I have no idea in regard to.... "what the overhead is in making this new harness"..

I merely stated "how would there be room so to speak to discount it.." was asking myself this and you...

I was not trying to be provocative, then... when I said that.

I mean a $39.95 part. Even with a 10% discount, you would still be only talking $3.95 savings upon purchase of this harness.

Curious what you would want to see.... what, ZAutomotive just giving them away or...... I don't think so.

2019 JL came out a few short months after my 2018 JL, was delivered to me. The 2019 JL, has a far better Dome Light (this is fact).. With that said FCA should give me the new dome offering for free.... or a hefty discount on same....... I don't think so...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.