Sponsored

Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bzaps914

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Is anyone else having a problem where the turn signal causes the radio to change inputs or shut off completely? It happens when the turn signal disengages after making a turn.
I do have the reverse camera turn signal setting on- not sure if that makes a difference.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone else having a problem where the turn signal causes the radio to change inputs or shut off completely? It happens when the turn signal disengages after making a turn.
I do have the reverse camera turn signal setting on- not sure if that makes a difference.
Occasionally, I get a similar bug. Mine doesn't shut off, it just goes to a different page than what it was on before. It does this probably one out of 10 or 15 times the turn signal is engaged. The radio never changes channels or shuts off, though.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Yeah I have that happen as well from time to time.
Every time while on the normal FM radio and 1 out of 5 times while on Bluetooth music.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
11.0.7h beta, was made available, on the ZAutomotive website by Joe, today, 1/30/19...

Have at it guys. Take a looksee !! Do test drive it.

Joe, is looking for feedback on this beta.

https://zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
From the zautomotive site:
ESS Kill and TracKill removed from live options, now will remember last state when shut down. Lowered sleep current from 38mA to 7mA. Added ParkSense options. Corrected some display functions. Stability fixes.

So he removed ESS from the live options. I wonder if that means it still has to be plugged in? Normally you don't have to have the tazer plugged in if you aren't using the live features. If that is the case that is pretty awesome!

Also 38ma to 7ma is a pretty good savings.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the zautomotive site:
ESS Kill and TracKill removed from live options, now will remember last state when shut down. Lowered sleep current from 38mA to 7mA. Added ParkSense options. Corrected some display functions. Stability fixes.

So he removed ESS from the live options. I wonder if that means it still has to be plugged in? Normally you don't have to have the tazer plugged in if you aren't using the live features. If that is the case that is pretty awesome!

Also 38ma to 7ma is a pretty good savings.
@TroyBoy

Read here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tazer-programmer-for-the-jl.5405/page-58#post-536599

and read here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tazer-programmer-for-the-jl.5405/page-58#post-536599

Tazer JL has to be plugged in. ESS is a non-menu Live feature.
Tazer JL does not need to be married.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Yeah I have that happen as well from time to time.
Every time while on the normal FM radio and 1 out of 5 times while on Bluetooth music.
Happens to me without a Tazer attached. Every once in a while I fire up the Jeep and I've got classical FM playing. All I've done is change tire size and TPMS, so that appears to just be a Jeep/Uconnect thing.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
If your referring to using turncam when this happens then yes and that’s what I quit using turncam, for me when I put my turn signal on the rear camera would come on as it was supposed to but then when it shut off it also shut off the Bluetooth music.

With the current firmware turncam is not supported unless you have the 8.4 system I believe

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone tell me their OBD II port can wiggle a bit on the metal tab? I left my Tazer on there for almost two months. Today I took it out, and find my OBD II port is not exactly "fixed" on the metal tab to a point it may rattle under certain situation.

I just could not remember it came like this or because the weight of Tazer hang on to it causing this.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Can someone tell me their OBD II port can wiggle a bit on the metal tab? I left my Tazer on there for almost two months. Today I took it out, and find my OBD II port is not exactly "fixed" on the metal tab to a point it may rattle under certain situation.

I just could not remember it came like this or because the weight of Tazer hang on to it causing this.
No wiggle.

Buy one of these and Velcro your Tazer to the metal bracket behind the kick plate:

Diageng OBD-RIB-016-300 16 Pin Ultra Flat Low Profile Male to Female OBD II 2 Extension Cable (30cm/12) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KYH9COE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_UgizCb511M7M9

This will prevent thieving passersby from stealing it when your doors are off, and will also guard against you kicking/bumping it by accident.

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No wiggle.

Buy one of these and Velcro your Tazer to the metal bracket behind the kick plate:

Diageng OBD-RIB-016-300 16 Pin Ultra Flat Low Profile Male to Female OBD II 2 Extension Cable (30cm/12) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KYH9COE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_UgizCb511M7M9

This will prevent thieving passersby from stealing it when your doors are off, and will also guard against you kicking/bumping it by accident.
Yeah, I think I accidentally kicked it a couple of times, that is probably where the wiggle comes from.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I think I accidentally kicked it a couple of times, that is probably where the wiggle comes from.
@plex

I think you are the first guy that has said they kicked the Tazer JL. When in the OBDll port it is up out of the way where a knee or foot would not hit it.,,, but then you come along.. :facepalm:

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
@plex

I think you are the first guy that has said they kicked the Tazer JL. When in the OBDll port it is up out of the way where a knee or foot would not hit it.,,, but then you come along.. :facepalm:
You will be surprised I even kicked the light switch a couple of times.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I got a question for those that have regeared and have the tazer. When you regear and set gear ratio on the tazer, what happens when you have to unmarry it and take it in for service? Is the gearing going to throw a code or does it save the gear size even being un married?

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK, Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
the gear size goes back to default. I just did it to mine. when service is through, just marry them back up and set accordingly.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.