Sponsored

Tazer JL Mini's ---- Refurbs avail now for $265 - 11/27/23

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Dumb question about the extension cable (apologies probably should put this in a different post, but this was the most recent): It seems the extension cable only makes it easier to access... cool. But if I go to the dealer, I still need to remove the panel and Tazer JL (and now with the extension cable) and put the plugs back in directly, The extension cable doesn't make that part go away, correct?
You plug the extension cable into the SGW and leave it until you take it back to the dealer, you plug the wires you took out of the SGW into the Tazer. So when you go back to the dealer you unmarry, unplug the tazer and plug those wires into the extension thats just sitting there. I hope that makes sense
Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
No such thing as a dumb question ? It's dumb not to ask a ? that needs asking...

With the SGW Extension cable in place... you will undoubtedly, not find it necessary to remove the plastic under the steering wheel to go through the this process......

.....Prior to a dealership appointment.... First unmarry the Tazer JL ..... then easily lean under there and disconnect the Tazer JL from the distal end of the SGW Extension harness. Then you connect the now available distal ends of the extension harness to the SGW cables(2) at the gateway......... after that, just tuck the extension cable neatly up there..

Gotcha’ so I can leave the extension cable and the dealer wort care? If so now I totally see the benefit. Would love to not touch that panel too frequently unless necessary. Will the extension cable mean the Tazer JL mini is reachable with the panel in place, and if so, does it hang low? If it does I guess I could Velcro it to the back of the panel (low).

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Gotcha’ so I can leave the extension cable and the dealer wort care? If so now I totally see the benefit. Would love to not touch that panel too frequently unless necessary. Will the extension cable mean the Tazer JL mini is reachable with the panel in place, and if so, does it hang low? If it does I guess I could Velcro it to the back of the panel (low).
I think the extension cable is too long but I think I'm in the minority on that one.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

mopac001

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara Snazzberry
ZAutomotive has Tazer JL Mini refurbs available right now!. $265.00 .. Wow!

Wanting a Tazer JL Mini.... here ya go.
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/refurbished-tazer-jl-mini/

Warranty 90 days but you can buy a 2 yr. warranty for $20.

More Cyber Monday deals listed on the ZAutomotive, Facebook page..
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=z automotive technologies
Any feedback from folks who've gotten a refurb? Particularly if they'd gotten a new one then went back and did a refurb for a second Jeep or Gladiator.

They have over 100 right now so it's making me question how they wind up with so many refurbs? Do they break a lot? Or do that many people mess up and brick them? It would seem you're paying for programming code more than anything. Or am I missing something? It's been on my list since we picked up the 21 JL two years ago.
Sponsored