Tazer JL Mini on a 23 JLU?

Astheros

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Pilot
can anyone that has one installed chime in if they could successfully install it.

the sgw plugs wont go in all the way into my tazer, no matter how hard i push so it barely reaches/connects to the tazer pins. was wandering if this is a 23 issue (changed plug size maybe) bc it was being used on a 21 before with no issues. thanks.
Sponsored

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
Double check you haven’t pushed a pin to the side and that’s what’s blocking full insertion.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Astheros

I just now ran this by Joe, Owner of ZAutomotive. He said...

"If the plug's not inserting all the way, could be that it's an older mini with a bad plastic mold. Email in to [email protected] with all of your order information and they'll be able to help you out. Include your receipt if purchased anywhere besides zautomotive.com. Use the subject "Bad Mold - From Text"

-----

IMPORTANT..
From both Joe and I .... be 100% sure you are not trying to use the cables off of the amplifier that is below the SGW rather then the cables at the SGW. If you are using the SGW cables and still have the issue, do as Joe mentioned...

Also.... Joe also said they are seing no issues with the 2023 JL and connecting the Tazer JL.

You want to use the ones in the red circle..
Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL Mini on a 23 JLU? gateway.JPG

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Astheros

Joe and I both figure your 2021 JL did not have the Alpine radio where your 23 does.... thus your using the amp connectors thinking they are SGW cables..

PLEASE follow-up here.

OP
OP
Astheros

Astheros

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda Pilot
@Astheros

I just now ran this by Joe, Owner of ZAutomotive. He said...

"If the plug's not inserting all the way, could be that it's an older mini with a bad plastic mold. Email in to [email protected] with all of your order information and they'll be able to help you out. Include your receipt if purchased anywhere besides zautomotive.com. Use the subject "Bad Mold - From Text"

-----

IMPORTANT..
From both Joe and I .... be 100% sure you are not trying to use the cables off of the amplifier that is below the SGW rather then the cables at the SGW. If you are using the SGW cables and still have the issue, do as Joe mentioned...

Also.... Joe also said they are seing no issues with the 2023 JL and connecting the Tazer JL.

You want to use the ones in the red circle..
Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL Mini on a 23 JLU? gateway.JPG
those are the plugs i am using and I had texted Joe and got the same answer but since i bought it used i figured it did not apply..... then again i did say in the text i had bought a used tazer so maybe they stand behind their product that much, that would be great.