tazer jl mini auto park

sandygar4

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
I purchased a tazer jl mini for the express purpose of disabling the auto park function, apparently FCA in their quest to keep us safe have updated their software to lock that feature out to zautomotive and the taser can no longer disable auto park
Sponsored

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
huh. Disabled for me. That's interesting. Are you sure it set and you rebooted a few times?

OP
OP

sandygar4

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
yes, feature no longer listed in menu items. Emailed zauto and got response that FCA had permanently stopped access through FCA's software update. If you haven't had the software update from FCA the feature my still work for you. Admittedly this is coming from a total computer idiot.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
On my VW they disabled the ability to turn off ESS permanently by similar tools. I guess when they tell the government they are going to put safety and environment features in they mean it. Next thing they'll make it so my vehicle won't start with my removed airbags and sear belts.

Big Hoss

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
I have the Tazer mini on my 2018 JLUS, and the Jeep hasn't had any updates since I bought it. Where in the Tazer menu is it listed? I'll give it a try if someone can point me to the correct menu option. (I emailed ZAutomotive about this function and never got a response).

Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I have the Tazer mini on my 2018 JLUS, and the Jeep hasn't had any updates since I bought it. Where in the Tazer menu is it listed? I'll give it a try if someone can point me to the correct menu option. (I emailed ZAutomotive about this function and never got a response).
They updated mine over the air. Came up on the stereo telling me it would happen with no choice to stop it. Never been to the dealer.

Big Hoss

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
They updated mine over the air. Came up on the stereo telling me it would happen with no choice to stop it. Never been to the dealer.
I have the 5" radio, and no satellite radio. Unless they broadcast from my local radio station, they can only update mine at the dealership.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, what? How can Jeep legally make changes to something that they do not own, especially without your consent? That's like buying a new house and coming home one day and discovering that the builder remodeled your kitchen.

Last edited:

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I just flashed the new firmware yesterday and now I don’t see the auto park feature listed any more :swear:

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
How can Jeep legally make changes to something that they do not own, especially without your consent? That's like buying a new house and coming home one day and discovering that the builder remodeled your kitchen.
They’d prolby say that while you own the physical vehicle, they maintain the intellectual property rights.

Like when you buy a house, you waive the mineral rights to the government, and you never really own your property. That’s how they claim “eminent domain” and push people out.

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
They’d prolby say that while you own the physical vehicle, they maintain the intellectual property rights.

Like when you buy a house, you waive the mineral rights to the government, and you never really own your property. That’s how they claim “eminent domain” and push people out.

Sounds like they could make your vehicle breakdown at anytime via Software, just so they can charge you for service. LOL I suppose it could come in handy if they need to repossess a vehicle or help the police catch a fugitive. They'd could just put in Autopark or disable the Jeep with an over the air update.

trainsafe

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0

There was a big feud about this in the past couple years with John Deere. They manufacture these massive combines that are all computerized and rely on software to operate. John Deere refused to allow third party mechanics to have access to the diagnostic tools for the software and forced owners to use only authorized dealers for service. Lawsuits ensued and a battle was created.

Deere's position was that they aren't selling you the software. They are only licensing it to you for use. They say they've hired hundreds of software engineers to develop the complicated software and they retain the copyright to it.

Farmer's say that after spending $800,000 they should have a right to repair their own equipment or take it to the mechanic of their choosing.

Link to more details

I'm sure auto manufacturers, including Jeep, are watching this battle very closely.