Tazer JL Mini and Winch Mode -- Won't Cancel

PJRider

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Have the Tazer JL MIni with 11.1.1 on a 2019 JLU.

The Winch Mode setting (press left arrow and cruise RES at same time) that holds RPM's at 2000, I cannot consistently get it to stop. The documentation says that "It will NOT raise if you touch the accelerator pedal, and will cancel if you do."

I read this as touching the accelerator will cancel the winch mode hold. One time it worked after multiple attempts -- with me stepping on the accelerator -- 3,000 RPM, etc."

Another time I couldn't get it to cancel and just turned the engine off.

Is this by design or should it cancel. And, happy to flash to newer version but before I did wanted to know if this is working as intended.

Thanks.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I found that winch mode was a tad flaky, not a lot but on occasion would not shut down

Reactions: J0E

StingJL918

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0 StingGray
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Have the Tazer JL MIni with 11.1.1 on a 2019 JLU.

The Winch Mode setting (press left arrow and cruise RES at same time) that holds RPM's at 2000, I cannot consistently get it to stop. The documentation says that "It will NOT raise if you touch the accelerator pedal, and will cancel if you do."

I read this as touching the accelerator will cancel the winch mode hold. One time it worked after multiple attempts -- with me stepping on the accelerator -- 3,000 RPM, etc."

Another time I couldn't get it to cancel and just turned the engine off.

Is this by design or should it cancel. And, happy to flash to newer version but before I did wanted to know if this is working as intended.

Thanks.

To access and use the winch more does the Jeep have to first be off like when you set the tpms? And then you turn on? Or how does it exactly work. I wish there was more videos online showing the features.
Sponsored