Tazer JL mini and the 4Xe

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
I just picked up a used Tazer JL mini yesterday and plan to use it on the 4Xe Rubicon when it finally arrives. I have not seen anyone talk aBout any issues with using the Tazer JL on the 4Xe or if there are any plans from Z Automotive to add 4Xe specific feature updates in the future. One feature that might make sense would be allowing the Tazer to remember that the Max regen button was on the last time the car was running and allowing the button to stay on the next time the Jeep is started along the same lines the Tazer can remember the ESS was disabled and keep it disabled whe the Jeep is started again. List any other features you think would be cool to have added using the Tazer JL on the 4Xe.
Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I just picked up a used Tazer JL mini yesterday and plan to use it on the 4Xe Rubicon when it finally arrives. I have not seen anyone talk aBout any issues with using the Tazer JL on the 4Xe or if there are any plans from Z Automotive to add 4Xe specific feature updates in the future. One feature that might make sense would be allowing the Tazer to remember that the Max regen button was on the last time the car was running and allowing the button to stay on the next time the Jeep is started along the same lines the Tazer can remember the ESS was disabled and keep it disabled whe the Jeep is started again. List any other features you think would be cool to have added using the Tazer JL on the 4Xe.
Auto-cooling/heating to maintain a healthy temperature for the batteries when sitting (similar to how other vehicles handle this).

Default start up state - hybrid/electric only/gas only (my understanding is it will NOT save your preference, and it seems that it would be nice to).

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@AmarilloJLU
@aug0211

Joe, at ZAutomotive is always open to ideas for new features and very often is quick to bring those ideas to reality so to speak... He has a link at his website for use in asking for new features...

Joe, is busy busy and doesn't get much time to come to the forum to browse/participate these days, so ....

Do, take the time to post your ideas here..
https://zautomotive.com/suggestions/

@joe@zauto

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@AmarilloJLU
@aug0211

Here is what Joe told me today, 4/12/21 @ 11:16am EST in regard to the Tazer JL and the 4Xe:

"I have not tested on one myself, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work."

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
@AmarilloJLU
@aug0211

Here is what Joe told me today, 4/12/21 @ 11:16am EST in regard to the Tazer JL and the 4Xe:

"I have not tested on one myself, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work."
I went to their site and requested both latching max regen and hybrid mode to last state.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AmarilloJLU

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought a used Tazer JL mini locally. How do I find out if it needs to be unmarried using the service you pay for on the Z Automotive website? I sent a text to Z Automotive asking and have not received a response. The person I bought it from said that they unmarried it but I am not sure if that means they just uninstalled it from the Rubicon they sold a while back or if they actually paid for the service from Z Automotive. I do not have my new 4Xe to try to plug it in yet. I have never used one of these so I am not too familiar with how to check on things like that.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought a used Tazer JL mini locally. How do I find out if it needs to be unmarried using the service you pay for on the Z Automotive website? I sent a text to Z Automotive asking and have not received a response. The person I bought it from said that they unmarried it but I am not sure if that means they just uninstalled it from the Rubicon they sold a while back or if they actually paid for the service from Z Automotive. I do not have my new 4Xe to try to plug it in yet. I have never used one of these so I am not too familiar with how to check on things like that.
@AmarilloJLU

When you get your JL and go to marry the Tazer JL, if it won't marry, it takes literally 5 mins or so to go to ZAutomotive's website, pay the $50 and get an unmarry key emailed to you. You use the key with the ZPU utility and you are now good to go... good to marry your Tazer JL, to your JL.

Most likely, the guy that owned the Tazer JL did unmarry it, if they said they did..

OP
OP
AmarilloJLU

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any word yet about Tazer + 4xe compatibility?
Nothing new has been added but like was posted a few comments up, follow the link to add suggestions.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I emailed them today and asked for those features too before finding this thread. However, Max Regen setting is supposed to save according to the owners manual.

I see the Tazer beta firmware has brake hold feature!!!!!!!!! I've had some Mercedes in the past and this is something that should just be a default in every modern car.

I'm still not exactly sure what the Tazer is. Is it full a full time device, a programmer, or both?

Sponsored

CBR2200

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Submitted a request to remember the hybrid mode and regen settings, and to toggle the pedestrian alert sound.

Thanks for the link.

installer88

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler unlimited, ordered 2021 rubicon 4xe
I can verify 100% that the tazer does not work with the 4XE. It sets multiple dash lights. I was able to clear the codes and got the dash back to normal by removing the tazer. Fortunately joe has been great with customer service and found a 4xe and will be making features for us.

OP
OP
AmarilloJLU

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can verify 100% that the tazer does not work with the 4XE. It sets multiple dash lights. I was able to clear the codes and got the dash back to normal by removing the tazer. Fortunately joe has been great with customer service and found a 4xe and will be making features for us.
Mine has worked, I just can’t get the live functions to work. I using the newest beta versions. Joe, the owner, texted me back and said they have been having problems with the 4Xe and that he is actually getting a 4Xe this week and will be working on getting the Tazer working better on it and adding features specific to the 4Xe.