Sponsored

Tazer JL Lite showing 126 degrees in display after installation

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
OK so I just installed my newly purchase Tazer JL lite on my 2019 rubicon unlimited.

All seems to have gone well and I followed the steps to do a full reboot, but for some reason it's showing 126 degrees ans the outside temperature.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Patrick
Sponsored

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
OK so I just installed my newly purchase Tazer JL lite on my 2019 rubicon unlimited.

All seems to have gone well and I followed the steps to do a full reboot, but for some reason it's showing 126 degrees ans the outside temperature.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Patrick
Only in Death Valley

Return it...stop messin with your expensive rig.

Mod it, yes, but do yourself a favor and dont start messing with the electronics and/or motor.

TRUST ME you will regret it

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Only in Death Valley

Mod it, yes, but do yourself a favor and dont start messing with the electronics and/or motor.

Original Tazer owner, here. Had it for a year. 100% disagree with you. It does not mess with anything, especially the motor. Itā€™s not a tune. Itā€™s a programmer that uses the same API as Jeepā€™s programmer for changing tire size, etc.

OP - drive for 10 mins and temp reading will return to normal.

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
Original Tazer owner, here. Had it for a year. 100% disagree with you. It does not mess with anything, especially the motor. Itā€™s not a tune. Itā€™s a programmer that uses the same API as Jeepā€™s programmer for changing tire size, etc.

Oh

I retract

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tx_Longhorn_Fan
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Thanks for the tip. You were right. Drove around the neighborhood and temp returned to normal readings. Thanks!!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Only in Death Valley

you do know youre on a forum DEDICATED to "messing" with these "expensive" rigs - right?

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I dunno if this is a Tazer issue AT ALL...?

On the trail in Moab a few days ago my bone stock JLUR insisted outside temp was 67....for hours. We were all doubting it.... finally hit the highway and it jumped to 80 which *felt* far more accurate

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase

On the trail in Moab a few days ago my bone stock JLUR insisted outside temp was 67....for hours. We were all doubting it.... finally hit the highway and it jumped to 80 which *felt* far more accurate
Mine does that when you're traveling at slow speeds (trail speeds) for a while. It corrects itself on the ride home. Not sure why or how, but that's what happens. I don't think our Jeeps have an actual thermometer; it's some kind of algorithm used to estimate the outside air temp based on other parameters measures. That's some Black Magic shite right there

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

No. Tazer only throws temp off one time after you apply settings.