Sponsored

Tazer JL Lite - $219 - Terrific New Product Offering!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
If I only want to change the tire size and TPMS, I can disconnect/remove the Tazer Lite from the jeep after the change has been made?

I just want to make certain I have this correct. I do not want to remove it and lose my settings.

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
If I only want to change the tire size and TPMS, I can disconnect/remove the Tazer Lite from the jeep after the change has been made?

I just want to make certain I have this correct. I do not want to remove it and lose my settings.
Yes, you can.

Sponsored

MarkBehr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL
Yes I would remove all traces of any programmer before going in for any type of dealer service, it honestly only takes mins as @Rhinebeck01 has pointed out.

As far as tire sizing goes this is what I did when going to 315’s from my stock Sahara tires.

1. Measure the height of tire while sitting on a flat surface ( mine came out right at 34” )

2. Turn vehicle to run position but don’t start engine

3. Go into the Perf setting and from there select the tire size using the up/down arrows and then select ok to accept it.

4. DL a GPS speed app to your phone and then compare the two speeds and adjust the tire size with the Tazer accordingly.

My speed was off by 5 MPH with the tire size set at 34” so I just kept bumping up my setting one selection at a time ( testing after each one ) and ended up at 34.49” I believe and it’s spot on perfect from 70 MPH and down

To add to this post, im in the same boat with 33s on a sport s. also do you have to adjust the trans shift points and gearing or does that adjust it self?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
To add to this post, im in the same boat with 33s on a sport s. also do you have to adjust the trans shift points and gearing or does that adjust it self?
The JL will automatically adjust shift points but fully realize that the more weight you add the tougher it will be to see that 8th gear, I don’t see 8th that often since adding the 315’s and putting a steel bumper and winch on the front end.

MarkBehr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL
Gotcha. I just ordered 33 inch tires with 17x9 steel wheels. No lift. Thats about it for now.

Lil Punk'n

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangled jl sport
Occupation
Retired, School bus driver
Gotcha. I just ordered 33 inch tires with 17x9 steel wheels. No lift. Thats about it for now.
I was concerned about that also. Today I put on 305/65/17 which come in at about 32.7. Didnt shift into 8th for about the first 30 miles. However its shifting now with no issues.
Sponsored