Sponsored

Tazer JL Lite - $219 - Terrific New Product Offering!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have been into my Tazer so many times playing around with different settings and I honestly don’t care what some ghost counter records, when I have to go back to the dealer for any service I will be deaf, dumb and blind if I am asked anything about a programmer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@everyone

Do know that ZAutomotive is offering 10% off of EVERYTHING for Black Friday.

Use the Coupon Code: BLACKFRIDAY

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
TazerJL Lite Installed :)

I used 3M double sided tape to stick it on the bar pictured. It should hold fine. Thought about throwing a zip tie around it as well but the zip ties I have were not long enough. It should hold though it’s pretty secure. If it happens to fall no big deal I’ll get heavier duty 3M double sided tape.

Anyway mounted like this you can easily get to the USB connector even with the kick panel on. You can see the access from the 2nd picture. Perhaps ZAuto will include a piece of 3M double sided tape in the future?

Also note I’m not sure if the cables from the Jeep need to be unplugged from the TazerJL for firmware updates but if they do you can also easily get to the connectors to unplug them. Either way I’ll unplug them for firmware updates. It’s better to be overly cautious in my mind.

D4AF5712-5CF0-4DA4-B83A-8C049C4339A8.jpeg

6991A22E-86C0-442C-9C44-1FC98FB273D6.jpeg

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Wrangles

Glad to see you got-errr installed.

I have my Tazer JL Mini installed the same way.

Using Velcro is a good move. No need for zip ties. The Tazer JL is so, so light.... zip ties are not needed. Velcro will hold it aok.

Also...... there is absolutely, no need at all to disconnect the Tazer JL Lite (or the Tazer JL Mini) from the two cables when you do your firmware update.....

You will want to / should, follow this regimen:
  1. Unmarry the Tazer JL Lite
  2. Press the JL's ignition button to OFF
  3. Open the JL driver's door after you press ignition button to Off
  4. Connect your laptop computer to the Tazer JL Lite with the provided USB cable
  5. Proceed with the firmware update on the Tazer JL Lite

Disconnect the USB cable after the firmware update and then it is aok to start your JL and remarry the Tazer JL Lite.

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the latest firmware update for the Tazer JL Lite? I connected mine today and didn’t see the Auto/stop or Auto/park. Do i need an update?

Is there a video out there for the lite? I would like to use the light show with key fob.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@LouNYC

Latest firmware for all the Tazer JL family is 11.0.6. Do know that firmware version 11.0.7 will be released a short time after Thanksgiving according to Joe, the Owner of ZAutomotive.

I am attaching the User's Guide for the Tazer JL Lite.

To activate the Light Show feature with the fob, just press unlock, unlock, lock, unlock and the Light Show will begin. To stop the Light Show, once it has begun, just press lock. Do know that the Light Show does not do it's thing if the JL is moving. Police Officer's, EMS, Fire Fighter's can enable the Tazer JL Light Show so it will work when driving.

Lou, ESS Disable is a LIVE FEATURE. Start your JL and then go look and you will see that feature / Live Features.

Attachments

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
What’s the latest firmware update for the Tazer JL Lite? I connected mine today and didn’t see the Auto/stop or Auto/park. Do i need an update?

Is there a video out there for the lite? I would like to use the light show with key fob.
Was engine running? Those are “live” features.

11.0.6 is the latest.

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Got it figured, thanks to @Rhinebeck01. He walked me through it.

I have 33' K02's installed on the 18' Sahara upgraded wheels. Still need to figure the correct size. For now, I entered 33.005. I will test it tomorrow with a speedometer app.

I was also able to to disable ESS.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking into getting one of these myself. Inquired about getting it done at the dealership...their response, for your entertainment.

My name is XXXX, and I received your online inquiry about getting your Wrangler in to re calibrate the speedometer as you are installing a different tire size on the vehicle.

Up-sizing, or installing a taller tire, will lead to a speedometer reading that is slower than your actual speed. This is because a taller tire will have a larger overall circumference, which will cause it to travel more distance per revolution than the original equipment tire. Down-sizing, or installing a shorter tire, will cause the speedometer to read a faster speed than you are actually driving. This is because the smaller tire will have a smaller circumference, causing the tire to travel less distance per rotation than the original equipment tire.

There are ways to manually calculate your speed. For instance, you can use road mile markers and time the exact number of seconds it takes you to travel the distance of a single mile and calculate your speed based off of that time. However, these methods often prove less than accurate. Most modern vehicles can have the tire diameter changed in the vehicle computer, which will re-calibrate the speedometer properly. Unfortunately this is a service we cannot perform or complete if the vehicle is not equipped with such feature.

If you need further assistance please feel free to email me back or give us a call!
Just...wow. No shit, sherlock.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Rhinebeck01, you had me at "ESS Disabled" :)
You are a true asset to this forum, thanks for all the help w/ this upgrade, the Tazer Lite is in my shopping cart now :)
Only wish it had a DRL option for us Sport owners, maybe there's a way in the future w/ this product.

Maupar

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I've had the lite installed for a few weeks now. Battery seems to be fine, however, my TPMS page has gone missing. Anybody have the same issue?
Sponsored