Sponsored

Tazer JL Lite - $219 - Terrific New Product Offering!

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
When you go in for service, is it simply a physical disconnect or do you just "unmarry" and leave it up there? Do you have to reset everything again each time? Is it a pain to pull of the panel each time for the service disconnects?

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Easily
When you go in for service, is it simply a physical disconnect or do you just "unmarry" and leave it up there? Do you have to reset everything again each time? Is it a pain to pull of the panel each time for the service disconnects?
@Jeeper

The plastic panel that needs to removed and replaced is so very easy to remove and replace. What will take a little bit of effort is the removal and reinstall of the Tazer JL or Tazer JL Lite hardware. You remove the plastic panel to facilitate this hardware removal.

Just before you go to the dealership service department visit:
(This will take you 10 min. +-

Do not even consider going to a service department appointment unless you do the following!
  1. Easily, remove plastic panel (optional)
  2. Unmarry Tazer JL or your Tazer JL Lite from your JL
  3. Disconnect / Remove all Tazer JL or Tazer JL Lite hardware
----

After dealership service department visit:
(This will take you say 10 min. +-)
  1. Re-connect all Tazer JL or JL Lite hardware
  2. Easily, replace the plastic panel
  3. Remarry Tazer JL or Tazer JL Lite to your JL
  4. Re-program anything that did not automatically migrate back to your JL (Most programming will )

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Easily
@Jeeper

Do not even consider going to a service department appointment unless you do the following!

I'm just curious, what would the consequences be? Does this immediately void a warranty? Obviously, I'd do all the steps you outlined but I'm still curious about the consequences.

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Different question, in what sort of situation would you adjust the "gear ratio" with the Tazer product?

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Different question, in what sort of situation would you adjust the "gear ratio" with the Tazer product?
Only if you physically regear, so if you don’t put in new gears leave these settings alone

Gadgetguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
I'm sure this has been covered in the boat load of Tazer threads, but do I need a laptop to change settings with the Tazer JL Lite? Example, to raise engine rpm for winching, it would be inconveinent to have to have a laptop with you all the time. Or is this able to be changed via the touch screen? Also, can anyone confirm there is no military discount for the lite? Still debating on the Tazer Lite or Superchips. Just need it for tires and gears and the new tires and wheels come Tuesday. Need to get one quick. Thanks.

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
No laptop needed. You utilize the dash by way of the buttons on the steering wheel. Not sure on discounts.

Gadgetguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
No laptop needed. You utilize the dash by way of the buttons on the steering wheel. Not sure on discounts.
Thanks! I stopped being lazy and went to their website (duh!) and read the instructions. LOL Looks like some combo of cruise control buttons.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Gadgetguru

Yes, to update the firmware on the Tazer JL or Tazer JL Lite you do need either a Mac or PC. Can be a desktop or a laptop.

No, no laptop necessary inside the JL, while driivng, etc., in order to use any feature to include winch mode.

All features are dealt with .... toggled on and off, enabled or disabled, via the evic (readout)screen on your dash.

Tazer JL Lite is already paired down price wise, so no, no military or forum discount on same.

Military or forum discount is avail on the Tazer JL.

Do your home work before purchasing a programmer!

In relation to other brand programmers, ...Most here, per the forum poll, have gone with a Tazer JL ... and now, more it seems, are going with the Tazer JL Lite.

The Tazer JL Lite can be enabled to a full Tazer JL, if in the future, (for $125) you want the full Tazer JL feature set.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Easily
@Jeeper

----

4. Re-program anything that did not automatically migrate back to your JL (Most programming will )
What if you regeared the jeep? It won't run if you remove the programming. It will go into limp mode.

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
What if you regeared the jeep? It won't run if you remove the programming. It will go into limp mode.
It’ll actually only throw a “Service AWD” if you put in in 4 low on a rubicon. Otherwise your speedo will just be off.
The old JK is a fdiffeeent story. That would go into limp mode

Or don’t unmarry it - or unmarry to wipe all other settings, remarry and change the gear ratio...

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I’d like to see two TPMS settings. One for 2h and one four 4low

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@joe@zauto this question is totally off topic but I am curious what happens if say my Tazer became damaged beyond repair and I had to get another one with the previous one already programmed to my Jeep, how would th new Tazer marry up ?

RamenLife

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU S
Easily
@Jeeper

The plastic panel that needs to removed and replaced is so very easy to remove and replace. What will take a little bit of effort is the removal and reinstall of the Tazer JL or Tazer JL Lite hardware. You remove the plastic panel to facilitate this hardware removal.

----

I just upgraded my wheels and tires for 33” on 17” wheels on JLU Sport S and I am curious about that I need to program to put 33” tires on computer?

If I do, then I want to use Tazer JL product.

Do we need to disconnect even we going for regular maintain services as well? Like oil changes? Sorry This is my first Jeep and I am new to modifying.
Sponsored