Sponsored

Tazer JL Lite - $219 - Terrific New Product Offering!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the lite version does everything I changed and it looks like you just plug the cables in this so no bypass module or it’s all built in, the lite version is a super choice for those looking to just change a few things but the full blown Tazer does so much more.

I don’t regret getting the full blown version as I’m sure I will be changing more things as I do mods but for those looking to just change a few things this is a great choice, way to go Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@joe@zauto

Wow, what a terrific new offering this Tazer JL Lite is!

Question for you: When updating the firmware on the new Tazer JL Lite, does the JL owner use the same firmware that a guy/gal with a regular, TazerJL uses? I'd assume so....

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I had waited I could have saved some coin...oh well everything at one time or anther is improved and this lite version does everything I changed and it looks like you just plug the cables in this so no bypass module or it’s all built in, the lite version is a super choice for those looking to just change a few things but the full blown Tazer does so much more
With this programmer, you unplug the 2 cables that go into the JL's gateway module and plug those two cables into the Tazer JL Lite. Nothing is plugged into the OBDll port.

You would install the Tazer JL Lite unit and then all your settings are done through the JL's, Electronic Information Center,... aka: EVIC or as many call it the dash display.

As the with the Tazer JL, doing the Tazer JL Lite settings using the dash display / EVIC, is easy easy.

Pic of the where the gateway module is:
gateway.JPG

Sponsored

Pegasus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Will you have to disconnect and reconnect the lite version for every dealer visit? How about the bypass module plugged in above the OBD2 connector for non-lite version?

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will you have to disconnect and reconnect the lite version for every dealer visit? How about the bypass module plugged in above the OBD2 connector for non-lite version?
@Pegasus

YES, regardless of what programmer you have, before you go to the dealership for service, you should unmarry the programmer and remove any installed programmer hardware. To not do this would be very foolish.

Pegasus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
@Pegasus

YES, regardless of what programmer you have, before you go to the dealership for service, you should unmarry the programmer and remove any installed programmer hardware. To not do this would be very foolish.
So why are people recommending using a 12 inch extension to hide the Tazer JL unit?

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So why are people recommending using a 12 inch extension to hide the Tazer JL unit?
I don't know if "recommending" is necessarily what TazerJL owner's are doing...

I know some with the TazerJL (myself for one) have posted that a 12" OBDll port extension cable is a nice thing to use with the TazerJL.

The extension allows you to get the TazerJL, hidden up under the plastics. To hide the TazerJL might be a good idea if you routinely have your doors off. You never know what nitwit might reach into you JL and grab the TazerJL that is in plain sight and make off with it..

I know I like the extension cable just because I would rather not see the TazerJL plugged into the OBDll port.

I think one fellow here said he wanted the TazerJL up and out of the way so his big legs would not hit it when he was pushing in the clutch or getting into his JL.

In closing, no one is pounding the drum.... recommending... YES, many of us are saying the $7.00+ OBDll extension is just nice to have..

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today, I read somewhere on an internet forum, what Joe the owner of ZAutomotive was saying in regard to his newest offering the....

Tazer JL Lite ($219)

"The idea was an entry-level device for those looking for the most common functions - tire size, ESS disable, autopark disable - in a hidden package, most people likely leaving it plugged in all the time.
Then if they decide later on to upgrade to the full feature set of the Tazer JL (or say I add a feature to the Tazer JL that they really want), they can upgrade without having to change devices.

Or for the person that wants the full Tazer JL in a hidden tiny package, this will get you there."

@joe@zauto

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
Seems to me that "Lite" missed the mark. Gear ratios, transfer case low range, winch mode, ESS, high idle. To me those are not Lite items. LED lights are not included. I'm likely in the minority but I wish Jeep would just reflash for LEDs and tire size (33s). I'd gladly pay them for that and not have to "unmarry" anything down the road.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@cabnfvr

It missed the mark .............. LOL

Personally, I think the TazerJL Lite hit the mark big time!

For $219 a guy/gal can disable ESS, disable Auto Park, can set TPMS and Tire size, free updates and more. I see this as a real hit with JL owner's.

zachart96

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport
Yeah this is awesome. I could have saved a few bucks not being an early adopter as these are the only functions I use. Oh well, glad to see them expanding their offerings.
This has all the features I wanted as well but for me it was released 1 day after I bought the full version haha. It's okay though, maybe one day i'll need the other features.
Sponsored