sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Having issues with my Tazer JL. Did a FW upgrade to latest version on their website after unmark.
Reinstalled and Marry OK

Only have the following menus on dash:

LightShow?
Read DTC
Clear DTC
Unmarry
Perf
Tire
GrRatio
4 Low 2.720
TPMS
JL LT:11.3.4
SerNo: (removed)
UnMryNo: 0205
Full Reboot

I'm able to change tire diam to 34.19 and TPMS to 25
Wanted to enable rear camera "on" when driving to no avail.
Sent email via their website and FB, waiting for response.

I feel like it's acting line a TazerJL Lite.

Ideas?
Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
This happened to me once after updating. My tazer mini became a tazer lite. I emailed joe and was told that it happens on rare occasions and had me send my order info to prove I bought a tazer mini and he gave me a code to upgrade it back to a tazer mini.

OP
OP
sstuner

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
@DavidArmen, Thank you. In email I sent to Zautomotive (Joe) I provided the original purchase #, also logged on to my account to verify purchase was not archived. Now to wait.

OP
OP
sstuner

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Received a message from Z, with a code to use to recover my unit. Fully recovered my Jeep JL Mini. Great service and communication with ZAutomotive.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@sstuner

Do unmarry the Tazer JL before you update the firmware on it. Less apt to have an issue then.

Joe @ ZAutomotive has mentioned this.... says it is best... Said he felt it was a must, especially if using a MAC computer to do the firmware update.

Joe, presently does not recommend firmware updates with a MAC.. The ZPU utility for use with a Mac is no longer avail. on the ZAutomotive website...

Anyway, do unmarry and then do the firmware update.. No big deal to unmarry first and it may keep you from having issues...

Sponsored

JAF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I sent Joe a message a while ago thru FB without a response. The instruction manuals on his site are still dated with rev. 11.2.8. Would like to read about the new features before installing. I use the manual at my side while going though the menus. Then make notes and put it in the glovebox. Makes it easier to reference when I need to reprogram. Anyone know how to get the latest copy?

OP
OP
sstuner

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
The current 11.2.8 PDF is very close to TAZER JL FW version 11.3.4 does. I'm sure ZAutomotive will update to PDF soon.

OP
OP
sstuner

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Update: 11.3.4 Manual is online at ZAutomotive.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I sent Joe a message a while ago thru FB without a response. The instruction manuals on his site are still dated with rev. 11.2.8. Would like to read about the new features before installing. I use the manual at my side while going though the menus. Then make notes and put it in the glovebox. Makes it easier to reference when I need to reprogram. Anyone know how to get the latest copy?
They are great at replying to texts from their website. It may take a while, but I’ve always got a reply.

randyb

First Name
randyb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
This happened to me once after updating. My tazer mini became a tazer lite. I emailed joe and was told that it happens on rare occasions and had me send my order info to prove I bought a tazer mini and he gave me a code to upgrade it back to a tazer mini.
Same thing I got. I'll have to try that and maybe open up the other options...
Sponsored