Tazer JL Light Show Modes

Firefighter

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon gladiator
Anyone that wants the unlock instructions for in-motion, just contact us via the tech support email or text number on my website, I’ll give it out - there’s a disclaimer there that you’re responsible for your own actions!
But many use it for parades and that’s completely understandable.
Hey Joe, I’m a volunteer firefighter and would like to have the option to use lights in motion. I’m running 11.2.1 platform right now. Haven’t had time to do the update. Thanks
Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Great conversation as I just installed the Tazer Lite yesterday as well.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hey Joe, I’m a volunteer firefighter and would like to have the option to use lights in motion. I’m running 11.2.1 platform right now. Haven’t had time to do the update. Thanks
@Firefighter

PM will be coming your way in a minute with the info you seek. It's sent..

For other's, I will not post how to enable light show in motion on the forum.

Zanner1718

First Name
Suzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '11 GMC Yukon Tex Ed, '22 Cadillac CT5
I just discovered that the ‘18 JLUR I bought came with this tazer mini. Found it because I couldn’t figure out why I never had to deactivate my auto start/stop. I’ve never pressed that button and its always activated so I don’t have to deal with the Jeep stopping at lights. Anyhow, hubby updated the firmware and am now excited to try and change the light show on the key fob! Thanks for that!

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I had trouble installing my Tazer JL mini yesterday. I could not complete the required "sleep cycles" since the dash never stays completely dark after the first sleep cycle (it kept cycling back on after a couple of seconds). So I'm starting from scratch tomorrow and will take it slow.

From the manual... "To advance to any of the vehicle settings, you will first need to “Marry” the Tazer to the vehicle."

Question for you Tazer experts out there. Do I need to marry the Tazer if I only want to activate the Hood Alarm and Light Show features (both Live funtions)? Thanks!!!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had trouble installing my Tazer JL mini yesterday. I could not complete the required "sleep cycles" since the dash never stays completely dark after the first sleep cycle (it kept cycling back on after a couple of seconds). So I'm starting from scratch tomorrow and will take it slow.

From the manual... "To advance to any of the vehicle settings, you will first need to “Marry” the Tazer to the vehicle."

Question for you Tazer experts out there. Do I need to marry the Tazer if I only want to activate the Hood Alarm and Light Show features (both Live funtions)? Thanks!!!
You can do absolutely nothing with the Tazer JL until/unless you marry it to your JL.

Well... I take that back... as you can use the Tazer JL as a security gateway bypass module for use with a Bluetooth OBDll scan tool with the Tazer JL hooked up but not married. (can also use the Tazer JL as a security gateway bypass module with a scan tool, even when it is married)

Note: In regard to Live Features... Tazer JL has to be married and hooked up or no go in regard to Live Features.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Happy Holidays! ... to all you Tazer JL Mini users!

First to Market, Tazer JL...

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL Light Show Modes z-xmasball2022

@joe@zauto

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I have not tried yet, but wondering maybe someone knows?

ON my last JL I had enabled the light show in motion. Then I unmarried it and updated it and moved it to a new JL and married it to that Jeep.

Do I need to perform the light show in motion unlock again?

OceanBlueJLU19

First Name
Jean-François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I just got my Tazer JL Mini installed yesterday, and was playing with the light show modes. In case anyone is wondering what they look like I shot this little video and cycled through the modes.

I have an aftermarket front bumper, but the fog lights are tied into the factory control, so they do indeed work with the light show.

Now if I can just figure out how to get the accessory lights tied in as well!!! :)
Did you figure out how to get accessory lights tied in to the light show? Thanks

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Our club does a couple parades each year.... I think it would be great for those situations
I use the lightshow in motion parades. Yo have to hook up your taser to your pc and use their app to enable it. You can also build your own light show..

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
SPEED TURTLE also makes some interesting products and they have a unit that plugs into the OBD Port too. I bought one and have not tried it out yet, I`m still trying to find my Tazer in my garage, box is empty and I doubt the dog ate it....

jhmartin

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Clubs

SPEED TURTLE also makes some interesting products and they have a unit that plugs into the OBD Port too. I bought one and have not tried it out yet, I`m still trying to find my Tazer in my garage, box is empty and I doubt the dog ate it....
" Unlike other solutions, the EFM 2.0 does not require any cutting or reconfiguration of the vehicle’s wiring harness " except the JL Tazer...