Tazer JL firmware 11.0.8 posted! 3/6/19

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
Installed a mini in the wife’s 18JL this week. It was 11.06.
Anyway- it took a min to get my bearings on how to navigate. Once I did, it was pretty easy. Set speedo, tpms and test drove. Everything worked fine.
Decided to update the firmware to 11.08. It went berserk. Stability control alarms, abs, etc. when I went to set tire size, it was jumping around in different languages it seemed. Tire size was 00.00. Would not adjust with the buttons. Set tpms, did a reboot and tried again. Same story.
So- reinstalled 11.06 and it worked great. Disabled stop/start too. Worked perfectly.
Overall- I love the simplicity of it. Lots of adjustability. But 11.08 did not work for me on the speedo.
This has me hesitant to even try. I think I'm just going to leave it on 11.06, but unplug it so it can't drain the battery. Too many posts like this, coupled with my bad luck.....think I'll hold off. :like:
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a mini in the wife’s 18JL this week. It was 11.06.
Anyway- it took a min to get my bearings on how to navigate. Once I did, it was pretty easy. Set speedo, tpms and test drove. Everything worked fine.
Decided to update the firmware to 11.08. It went berserk. Stability control alarms, abs, etc. when I went to set tire size, it was jumping around in different languages it seemed. Tire size was 00.00. Would not adjust with the buttons. Set tpms, did a reboot and tried again. Same story.
So- reinstalled 11.06 and it worked great. Disabled stop/start too. Worked perfectly.
Overall- I love the simplicity of it. Lots of adjustability. But 11.08 did not work for me on the speedo.
This is why I will likely stick with 11.06 and use my Smart Stop/Start module for ESS, I have had it this ways for months and it’s perfectly stable with no issues at all.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Just an update: I have it all working, but can reproduce the hang at will. If I try to toggle “fog drop,” or whatever the option is called to prevent disabling fog lights when high beams are on, the Tazer will display “try again?” and then hang. It has to be unplugged and plugged back in to wake back up. Not a big deal as I don’t really care much about that option, but’s it’s a bug for sure. I have the original two piece Tazer.

@joe@zauto
I am also getting this error.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
The ESS is still hit or miss on this new update. When it works its pretty fast. I feel it needs to be tweaked as I am not satisfied with it.

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The ESS is still hit or miss on this new update. When it works its pretty fast. I feel it needs to be tweaked as I am not satisfied with it.

My ESS is also hit or miss on my rubicon. I ALWAYS have it switched off...but sure enough, about 30% of the time I will stop and the engine will stop/light off on the ESS.

Sponsored

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Starting to get stereo reboots with 1.8. Never has happened before. Ess has become sketchy as well. Running for a few weeks now, but pulled it out, since the only live features I routinely use is black out.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Starting to get stereo reboots with 1.8. Never has happened before. Ess has become sketchy as well. Running for a few weeks now, but pulled it out, since the only live features I routinely use is black out.
I believe ESS is a live feature so you will have to leave it plugged in to utilize but I could be wrong with firmware 11.08 as I have been running 11.06 for many, many months with no issues but then I don’t utilize any live features so it’s not plugged in unless I need to make a change

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I was informed: Turn off Navinmo (navigation in motion) when you’re not using it.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I was informed: Turn off Navinmo (navigation in motion) when you’re not using it.
@mer43

YES, you were informed correctly. Joe (ZAutomotive) has mentioned this many times.

Five Faces

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GMC Yukon Denali
I just purchased my Tazer JL Mini, immediately updated the firmware to 11.08, and installed on my 2019 JL Moab Ed. So far I’m really enjoying it, however winch mode is not working for me. I press left arrow and cruise res simultaneously and nothing happens. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Sponsored

ArmyJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own a JLURubicon
Occupation
Retired US Army
@mer43

YES, you were informed correctly. Joe (ZAutomotive) has mentioned this many times.
Can you explain why you would turn off Navigation in motion...I thought the whole idea was to have it on so your passenger can put in addresses as needed. What happens when you leave on Navigation in motion?

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Can you explain why you would turn off Navigation in motion...I thought the whole idea was to have it on so your passenger can put in addresses as needed. What happens when you leave on Navigation in motion?
@ArmyJeeper

Nav in Motion works as it should.. It does allow in motion the use of Nav....
you turn it on before you leave for your destination and turn it off, say just before you get to your destination.
To turn Nav in Motion on or off takes mere button pushes.

You ask "what happens" ...... well, if you leave it on and then shut the JL off, you may come back to your JL and find the battery(s) are dead.
Rare that this would happen but.... Can tell you I believe it happened to me months ago and to a couple of other's, so that was why the caveat to turn In Motion, off when not in use was born.

ArmyJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own a JLURubicon
Occupation
Retired US Army
@ArmyJeeper

Nav in Motion works as it should.. It does allow in motion the use of Nav....
you turn it on before you leave for your destination and turn it off, say just before you get to your destination.
To turn Nav in Motion on or off takes mere button pushes.

You ask "what happens" ...... well, if you leave it on and then shut the JL off, you may come back to your JL and find the battery(s) are dead.
Rare that this would happen but.... Can tell you I believe it happened to me months ago and to a couple of other's, so that was why the caveat to turn In Motion, off when not in use was born.

Thanks! I read this Forum everyday and this is the first time I saw the note to turn off Navigation in Motion

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I read this Forum everyday and this is the first time I saw the note to turn off Navigation in Motion
you aren't the only one that has many things going on, and tend to miss small details.

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Just heard the new software also fixes the "blinker out" on aftermarket LED assemblies!! Headed out to try it out.
Sponsored