Tazer JL firmware 11.0.8 posted! 3/6/19

RubyToBe

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 2019 Rubicon
I will stick to previous version for now which is working flawlessly...surgery mantra: the enemy of good is better!
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I don’t blame you. I had some frustration getting things working, which I’ve never had before with the Tazer. I can’t get “fog dropout” set to “no,” still (no biggie).

I will say that now it’s setup it’s working fine, even the new ESS algorithm. Not looking forward to unmarry/remarry if I go in for service, though. Hopefully 11.10 will be out by then to squash some bugs.

My primary reason for upgrading was the parasitic draw fix. I’ve yet to try measuring, but I’m sleeping better, so... :)
I have this same issue. When changing back to v11.06, problem persists. Vehicle is unusable, had to take today off of work because of this. Have reinstalled different firmware versions 4 times with no luck.

Looking like I will have to have it towed to the dealership to have them clear it.

I know for sure now I won’t be upgrading to 11.08

I don’t run with my Tazer plugged in due to parasitic draw so I basically went in with 11.06 and changed tire size and TPMS limits and fog light drop then unplugged it and then plugged in the Smart Stop/Start module and have been running this way for months, I initially was just testing the SSS module but it’s worked out so well I left it in, to be honest if I didn’t have to change tire size I would not have the Tazer but there are tons of other features it offers but with features being added with each revision there are growing pains but if I had to have my JL towed to a dealer after using it I would be pissed

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I installed 11.08 and my stereo/display reboots 1-2 a day randomly and ESS function fails to remain shut off periodically.
The UConnect reboot is a known problem; it's happening to people who don't have a Tazer. Had this happened previously?

When you start 'er up, the ESS should keep the previous position. I had this problem with 11.06, but not anymore.

I have to ask... did you follow the firmware upgrade instructions/steps... unmarry, upgrade, etc.?

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Texting them right now.

Literally cant drive it to see if it clears. Once I put it in drive, brakes lock up within 1-2 seconds.
Did you get this sorted? My Tazer came in today, but now I'm nervous to install it with 11.0.8. Not trying to have my Jeep stuck in my garage .

cparrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JLU Sport
Occupation
Aeronautical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get this sorted? My Tazer came in today, but now I'm nervous to install it with 11.0.8. Not trying to have my Jeep stuck in my garage .
Yes, see my first post on this. Ended up reaching out to customer support. That number listed on their website put me in touch with Joe and he was able to write up a patch. I wouldnt be too terribly concerned though, seems most arent having this issue, and the very few that are, were able to revert to a previous update or were able to simply unmarry and everything went back to normal. My problem was neither of those moves worked so I was sol.

Update: Texted customer support and they were able to patch the issue. Issue was related to the the tire size being at 0 (which I couldn't change through the dash commands). Obviously disappointed all this happened, but kudos to their customer support. Very fast response time and they were able to resolve the issue.

If any of you update to this, be sure to test drive it rather than finding out in the morning when you leave for work lol

Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Yes, see my first post on this. Ended up reaching out to customer support. That number listed on their website put me in touch with Joe and he was able to write up a patch. I wouldnt be too terribly concerned though, seems most arent having this issue, and the very few that are, were able to revert to a previous update or were able to simply unmarry and everything went back to normal. My problem was neither of those moves worked so I was sol.

Update: Texted customer support and they were able to patch the issue. Issue was related to the the tire size being at 0 (which I couldn't change through the dash commands). Obviously disappointed all this happened, but kudos to their customer support. Very fast response time and they were able to resolve the issue.

If any of you update to this, be sure to test drive it rather than finding out in the morning when you leave for work lol
Cool, thanks for the update

Conejoracer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The UConnect reboot is a known problem; it's happening to people who don't have a Tazer. Had this happened previously?

When you start 'er up, the ESS should keep the previous position. I had this problem with 11.06, but not anymore.

I have to ask... did you follow the firmware upgrade instructions/steps... unmarry, upgrade, etc.?
My stereo has not had this problem until this update, so most likely it is the update.
ESS randomly comes back on, despite being turned off.
I did follow the listed procedure for the upgrade, two separate times.
I really enjoy the functions that the Tazer offers, but these glitches are unfortunate.

SaddleTramp

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did the update last week, read and followed the instructions and Tazer is working great for me.

Especially love the hood alarm and that the parasitic draw was decreased.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Mac user with a Tazer Lite upgraded to Mini (v. 11.0.6) here. Got off to a rocky start updating the Tazer itself, likely because I hadn't updated ZPU since I first installed it. I locked up the unit when I mistakenly installed 11.0.6 on top of the existing 11.0.6, but easily fixed it myself using the Recovery Mode option. Once I installed the most recent version of ZPU and got the Tazer firmware updated correctly, the re-installation into the vehicle was straightforward and trouble free.

I played around with a lot more of the options this time than I ever had before. I was in the "Tire size and TPMS only" group before, but I found I really like some of the "Non-Menu" Live Functions. "Cooldown" and "Winch" modes both activated easily using the steering wheel switches, and I really like the "Force Backup Camera" option. I use the backup camera (while driving forward) every time I park in my garage so I can park just deep enough to clear the door. I had added the Backup Cam button to my 8.4's display screen, but just double tapping Mute on the dash is even easier.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kentpickle

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler JLU Rubicon
I cant even update mine because the ZPU software freezes every time I hit update. Anyone have an answer to that problem? I made sure I was using the newest version 2.0.8
I'm currently running the 11.0.7 beta version firmware.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I cant even update mine because the ZPU software freezes every time I hit update. Anyone have an answer to that problem? I made sure I was using the newest version 2.0.8
Try a different usb cable. Use the recovery mode option if needed.

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Consider removing it and reloading it. Your software sounds corrupted. I can hit update without even the cable plugged in.

Bones

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Consider removing it and reloading it. Your software sounds corrupted. I can hit update without even the cable plugged in.
zautomotive.com/fixmytazerjl

This worked for me after contacting their support line.

After just click disconnect and connect and it started pulling in 11.0.8.
Sponsored