First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
I just purchased my Tazer JL Mini, immediately updated the firmware to 11.08, and installed on my 2019 JL Moab Ed. So far I’m really enjoying it, however winch mode is not working for me. I press left arrow and cruise res simultaneously and nothing happens. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?
I posted this on March 22nd:

Only problem I saw was with winch mode. First couple of time I tried it, it would start idleing up, then for some reason go back down to idle. Finally got it to idle up, but then I couldn’t cancel it by pressing the accelerator pedal. Only way I could get it to stop idling high was to press the left arrow and Res button again, or shut off the engine. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

Mom2SNSH

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Total newbie. Got my JL lite with just the USB cord and the Tazer in the box. Installed the software and trying to activate but it wants the serial number of the device. Where the heck do I find that???
@joe@zauto

Last edited:

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Total newbie. Got my JL lite with just the USB cord and the Tazer in the box. Installed the software and trying to activate but it wants the serial number of the device. Where the heck do I find that???
@joe@zauto
I could be wrong but since it’s the lite version it’s limited unless you purchased the unlock and in that case you would have been give the activation key or something

Mom2SNSH

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I could be wrong but since it’s the lite version it’s limited unless you purchased the unlock and in that case you would have been give the activation key or something
Nope, you're right! Seems like it's just plug in and play. Thank you!!

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Has anyone tried update 11.1.2 yet? I believe it was released on 05/15/19.

Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone tried update 11.1.2 yet? I believe it was released on 05/15/19.
Pulled the Tazer Mini to take the Jeep to the dealership. While it was out, I tried to update it to 11.1.2, but couldn't get it to load. It would only load 11.1.1 ...

StevenSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Pulled the Tazer Mini to take the Jeep to the dealership. While it was out, I tried to update it to 11.1.2, but couldn't get it to load. It would only load 11.1.1 ...
The Tazer updating software will report the 11.1.12 update as 11.1.1. However, 11.1.2 will report as 11.1.2 when you look for the version on the vehicle.

I am disappointed to find that version 11.1.12 has not fixed the issue with ess not disabled on occasion.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Bypassing computer for lockers
@Rhinebeck01
@joe@zauto

Long story short. My rear locker is screwed up because of metal in my housing. So I'm now using Mopar wire kit 77072413 to connect lockers to my aux switches. It was either this or replace the whole axle. I'll take $60 over $3500 new axle and regear

When I use my Tazer JL to remove the lockers, what lights will I have on my dash?

Also can I just connect the rear to the aux switches and still use the oem switches for the front?

Thanks for your help

378F72DE-DD0E-4AD6-AFD7-294A19A4A230.jpeg

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
The Tazer updating software will report the 11.1.12 update as 11.1.1. However, 11.1.2 will report as 11.1.2 when you look for the version on the vehicle.

I am disappointed to find that version 11.1.12 has not fixed the issue with ess not disabled on occasion.
I am also. Don't understand how smartstopstart works 100% of the time and the Tazer 80% at best.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Upon reinstalled my updated mini, the Jeep showed that firmware version 11.1.2 was installed. Hmmm.

Joe slipped a new line item under "Submenu Off-Road" called DTCM. Finally figured out that that stands for Drivetrain control module (DTCM). The preset value came up as "NO". When would someone change this setting to "YES".

I have a 2018 JLUR with the 3.6L engine and an 8-sp automatic. Going off-road tomorrow, so it's not a hypothetical question.

Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
ZAutomotive came through with an answer this morning. Seems that the correct setting is "YES" for my Rubicon. If set to "NO", then the transfer case light and the lockers don't work. They're working on the documentation right now.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
ZAutomotive came through with an answer this morning. Seems that the correct setting is "YES" for my Rubicon. If set to "NO", then the transfer case light and the lockers don't work. They're working on the documentation right now.
So what does DTCM do if yes?

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
So what does DTCM do if yes?
Didn't ask that question! Obviously allow the transfer case light to function correctly. The transfer case itself was functioning correctly when "NO" was entered ... it's activated via cable, so no reason it wouldn't work. And, when DTCM is active, allow the lockers to function ... which makes sense because they are electrically activated. Not sure if there is anything else involved.

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
I am also. Don't understand how smartstopstart works 100% of the time and the Tazer 80% at best.
There is a 'secret sauce' to the algorithm, without it will never be 100% reliable on every vehicle. ;)

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
There is a 'secret sauce' to the algorithm, without it will never be 100% reliable on every vehicle. ;)
I have had Steve’s Smart Stop/Start installed for many, many months and I can tell you in my 2018 JLU Sahara it’s 100% perfect every time and has not failed a single time.
Sponsored