Tazer JL firmware 11.0.8 posted! 3/6/19

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
i download 8 fine - how is this working out for folks?
Working well for me, only issue is the ESS not remembering the last state after around 7-8 cycles. Joe is aware and working on a fix.

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
Working well for me, only issue is the ESS not remembering the last state after around 7-8 cycles. Joe is aware and working on a fix.
Do I understand that the Auto Park disable does not work on any firmware?

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

Wrangler-NS

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Received my Tazer JL today, updated it to 11.0.8 and installed it in my Jeep. Seems to be working with no issues but I have only done a short test drive. I changed the tire size, tpms thresholds, Fog Light Drop, and ESS.

Last edited:

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Figured I should report in with my week with the Tazer. Updated, installed, no issues. Everything I have tried with it works as expected. I will say, even with removing the kick panel, it was a total PITA to get to the SGW connectors. Not looking forward to uninstalling it for dealer visits. If I go to the dealer, any downside to unmarrying the Tazer, but leaving the SGW unplugged?

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not to hijack thread, but I am flying out next week to pick up my jeep. I picked up the tazer mini and updated to 11.0.8 via my mac (running older OS). Went fine/finished but unable to verify it ‘works’ by plugging it in. Anyone here using a mac that updated and it was successful?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Not to hijack thread, but I am flying out next week to pick up my jeep. I picked up the tazer mini and updated to 11.0.8 via my mac (running older OS). Went fine/finished but unable to verify it ‘works’ by plugging it in. Anyone here using a mac that updated and it was successful?
What do you mean you can’t verify it works?

I updated fine via Mac.

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What do you mean you can’t verify it works?

I updated fine via Mac.

Meaning I dont have the jeep in my possession yet/unable to verify the firmware update was successful. I was told that there were some issues with mac updates but wasnt sure if they were isolated incidents/wanted to know if there are people who've had success. Thanks for chiming in

I dont want to fly out to pick up jeep and drive back 2 full days without changing tire size/etc...wanted to enjoy drive back.

Sponsored

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Meaning I dont have the jeep in my possession yet/unable to verify the firmware update was successful. I was told that there were some issues with mac updates but wasnt sure if they were isolated incidents/wanted to know if there are people who've had success. Thanks for chiming in

I dont want to fly out to pick up jeep and drive back 2 full days without changing tire size/etc...wanted to enjoy drive back.
I updated on a previous version with my mac with no issues. Honestly I would recommend driving it for a bit without making any changes so you at least have a baseline in case the Tazer causes any issues you'll never know if it was the Tazer or not if you just install it right away.

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I updated on a previous version with my mac with no issues. Honestly I would recommend driving it for a bit without making any changes so you at least have a baseline in case the Tazer causes any issues you'll never know if it was the Tazer or not if you just install it right away.

You have a good point, although I already updated. Everything went as planned/smoothly with the update so hoping it should be good. Do you guys just update, then hit ‘disconnect’ and then unplug? I dont see a path to ‘eject’ after your finished....

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
You have a good point, although I already updated. Everything went as planned/smoothly with the update so hoping it should be good. Do you guys just update, then hit ‘disconnect’ and then unplug? I dont see a path to ‘eject’ after your finished....
Yes.

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Just got my Jeep out of the repair shop yesterday for hail damage from last July. Reinstalled the Tazer today.

Only problem I saw was with winch mode. First couple of time I tried it, it would start idleing up, then for some reason go back down to idle. Finally got it to idle up, but then I couldn’t cancel it by pressing the accelerator pedal. Only way I could get it to stop idling high was to press the left arrow and Res button again, or shut off the engine. Has anyone else experienced this?

Dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sahara 4” Zone lift
Installed a mini in the wife’s 18JL this week. It was 11.06.
Anyway- it took a min to get my bearings on how to navigate. Once I did, it was pretty easy. Set speedo, tpms and test drove. Everything worked fine.
Decided to update the firmware to 11.08. It went berserk. Stability control alarms, abs, etc. when I went to set tire size, it was jumping around in different languages it seemed. Tire size was 00.00. Would not adjust with the buttons. Set tpms, did a reboot and tried again. Same story.
So- reinstalled 11.06 and it worked great. Disabled stop/start too. Worked perfectly.
Overall- I love the simplicity of it. Lots of adjustability. But 11.08 did not work for me on the speedo.
Sponsored