Sponsored

TAZER JL Essential Tools for Geezers with Grubby & Arthritic hands like me.

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
I find these 3 basic tools to be most helpful when installing or removing the Tazer Bypass Module.

1st. Get a good small light. I glued a magnet to a small LED light and attached the light to the small metal bar under the dash and in front of the 2 wiring plugs to be removed or reinstalled.
DSCN1970.JPG

DSCN1971.JPG

2nd. Use a 1/4" long flat screwdriver to "FULLY" depress the connector Locking Tabs. I have found that when the Tabs are "FULLY" depressed, very little force on the wires will unseat the connectors. It is possible to use a shorter screwdriver than the one pictured. This one works really well.
DSCN1972.JPG

3rd. A short piece of CPVC Conduit works well for a connector reinsertion tool, in the event you have to return your JL to the Dealer for any service where they will need access to the OBDII port.

Cut one end of the Conduit at an angle. Not critical, but somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 degrees. Then cut a slot in the Conduit perpendicular to the angled cut as shown. When properly made, while holding the conduit up in front of you, the angled cut will slope toward you and the slot will be on the right. Place the base of the connector on top of the angled cut with the wires placed into the slot. Simply push the connector home until the locking tab snaps.
DSCN1969.JPG
Thank you for this great post
Sponsored