Tazer JL - 3rd brake light pulse feature

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Now that I figured out how to set up the flashing brake light I can't figure out how to set up the dark mode or whatever it's called so when I turn my lights off everything goes off. I hate how the parking lights stay on when the switch is off. When I get to that setting in the tazer menu and hit the okay button all of the lights blackout, including the dash, and I can't see how to save the setting.
Sponsored

MO35

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Now that I figured out how to set up the flashing brake light I can't figure out how to set up the dark mode or whatever it's called so when I turn my lights off everything goes off. I hate how the parking lights stay on when the switch is off. When I get to that setting in the tazer menu and hit the okay button all of the lights blackout, including the dash, and I can't see how to save the setting.
My understanding is that is how it is intended to work, you navigate to the menu option and hit OK every time you want blackout mode.

I agree that there should be a shortcut to enable this. Its too many button presses to get to it and I would like to use it every time I am parked and waiting in the Jeep.

Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
It is how it is intended. Useful when you have to play “you can’t see me until you have to” :)

works for detective mode, not legal while driving that is why they automatically turn lights ononce you hit 5mph

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
It is how it is intended. Useful when you have to play “you can’t see me until you have to” :)

works for detective mode, not legal while driving that is why they automatically turn lights ononce you hit 5mph
I just want to be able to park and when I turn the light switch off the parking lights go out, the dash lights would just be a bonus.

Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
You can do that by cycling to that function and it will turn everything off

Sponsored

wtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HellaYella JLR 6spd w/ BnL re-gear, MC 3.5"
I guess I'm a fuddy-duddy. I find flashing lights of any variety distracting & irritating. The 3rd brake light I can forgive (I don't even have one anymore) but ...

I was in stop & go traffic (US-59 South) and a pickup 2-3 vehicles ahead of me had (primary) brake lights that flashed when he braked. It seized my attention every time. My attention wasn't wandering -- I was watching everything going on in all four lanes. But every time he braked, that's where I looked.

When everyone has them, I'll tune them out. I hope that doesn't happen. I hope that effect stays relegated to the 3rd light.

I am becoming my Father.

Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
I just want to be able to park and when I turn the light switch off the parking lights go out, the dash lights would just be a bonus.
Here is a video. Took 6 presses and turned all lights off

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Dumb question about updating my Tazer. Can I just remove it, update, and re-install, or do I have to unmarry first, then update, re-install, and add all my options back?

Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
Remove from Jeep. Plug into laptop, upgrade/ plug back into Jeep

enjoy

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR

Can i set it up so when I use the remote start or upon initial startup the lights are all out or do I have to go through that each time I want the lights out?

Sponsored

Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
Yeah. I think you are asking a bit much

MO35

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

Yes, but what we're saying is that it would be easier if we could configure it to turn off the DRLs/parking lights automatically when the knob is turned to off. Or even let us configure it as one of the shortcut keys.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Dumb question about updating my Tazer. Can I just remove it, update, and re-install, or do I have to unmarry first, then update, re-install, and add all my options back?
No need to unmarry/remarry. Your original settings remain as they were.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
No need to unmarry/remarry. Your original settings remain as they were.
Just wanted to throw this out there. This is from Joe at ZAutomotive.
———
On a Mac I’d unmarry first then upgrade. Macs have some usb driver issues that make for occasional data corruption that you definitely don’t want. Unmarrying first removes any risk.
Looks like we will have a Mac update out soon to make up for the driver issue.

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Just wanted to throw this out there. This is from Joe at ZAutomotive.
———
On a Mac I’d unmarry first then upgrade. Macs have some usb driver issues that make for occasional data corruption that you definitely don’t want. Unmarrying first removes any risk.
Looks like we will have a Mac update out soon to make up for the driver issue.
Appreciate it
Sponsored